Favorite ways to relax

Sit back grab a drink and have laugh with some friends.
No religion, no politics.

Moderators: ZZZ Admin, ZZZ Mod

Deleted User 180

Favorite ways to relax

Post by Deleted User 180 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:23 pm

Personally, I enjoy a nice Whiskey in the evening, BUT there's something to say too about a good back rub
~
c9IhvdUkamYtq.gif
c9IhvdUkamYtq.gif (1.98 MiB) Viewed 41497 times

Tarmaque

Re: Favorite ways to relax

Post by Tarmaque » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:18 am

FreakMassage.gif
FreakMassage.gif (84.17 KiB) Viewed 41487 times

Deleted User 180

Post by Deleted User 180 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:49 am

Tarmaque wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:18 am
FreakMassage.gif
And there's a big 'oh yeah' to this one.
th.jpeg
th.jpeg (16.27 KiB) Viewed 41482 times

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:29 am

Slip Shod wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:49 am
I dunno if you knew this or not, but I spent the better part of three years as a massage therapist. People are weird.

Deleted User 180

Post by Deleted User 180 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:08 am

Tarmaque wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:29 am
Slip Shod wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:49 am
I dunno if you knew this or not, but I spent the better part of three years as a massage therapist. People are weird.
~
And I'm sure you have one or two stories which for propriety's sake we won't get into right here. But there's a lot of nerves in the feet and the Chinese believe massaging certain areas of the foot directly related to your liver or heart or lungs or eyes - not to mention it feels good. 8-)

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:40 am

Slip Shod wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:08 am
the Chinese believe massaging certain areas of the foot directly related to your liver or heart or lungs or eyes
The Chinese believe a lot of dumb stuff (which makes them little different from any other ethnic group) including powdered rhino horn makes your dick hard. There's ZERO evidence that massaging any areas of the foot effect anything. In fact, like acupuncture it's been completely disproved. A lot of westerners "believe" in acupuncture primarily because of a story of an American diplomat in China in the 70's (60's?) who supposedly had his appendix removed with no anesthetic except acupuncture, and received no post-operative pain medication because of the acupuncture treatment. This turns out to be completely false. The appendectomy was performed under a general anesthetic just like would have been done in any western hospital, and he was given plenty of post-operative pain medication. However he was also given post operative acupuncture treatments. The press glommed onto the "acupuncture" part of the story and didn't mention that he'd got all sorts of pain medication (remember, opium is Asian in origin and the Chinese have been using it for centuries.) American flower-child-mystical-ancient-beings are smarter than we are heard "acupuncture!" and nothing else. Ever since then a certain segment of the population has believed in the magical properties of acupuncture. Reflexology has a similar history. There is no evidence whatsoever that it works, but plenty of people who want to believe in magical spirit healing just love to believe in it. And all of them will go on at length about how it cured their dandruff or athlete's foot or baldness or whatever.

These are no different from the vaccine deniers but with a different history and reason for their idiocy.

...and don't even get me started on all the dumb stuff "traditional Chinese medicine" thinks Pangolin scales can treat.

Deleted User 180

Post by Deleted User 180 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:50 pm

@Tarm...
Yes, the Chinese are a strange lot for several reasons - one is some of the things that they eat for instance: bugs, bats, rats, dogs .. if It moves or crawls / slithers, why sure, let's have it for dinner.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:31 am

Hot bubble baths, but my present tub is too short and narrow for it to really work well..sigh
Hot showers kinda help, but not much
I have such weak hand strength, always have and now it is worse, I am pretty useless for helping someone else with a massage etc
And I hate my feet and prefer no one touch them...lol

Deleted User 180

Post by Deleted User 180 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:48 am

[/quote]
If you're a little bit self-conscious about a foot massage I got the answer. We'll turn the lights off and do it in the dark :lol:

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:31 am

Slip Shod wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:48 am
If you're a little bit self-conscious about a foot massage I got the answer. We'll turn the lights off and do it in the dark :lol:
[/quote]

ha..well, there is the dryness thing too...lol

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:43 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:40 am
The Chinese believe a lot of dumb stuff (which makes them little different from any other ethnic group)
The only real difference is the way people in the west put some kind of special power in the superstitions of the east.

Deleted User 180

Post by Deleted User 180 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:22 pm

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:43 pm
Tarmaque wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:40 am
The Chinese believe a lot of dumb stuff (which makes them little different from any other ethnic group)
The only real difference is the way people in the west put some kind of special power in the superstitions of the east.
~
Don't argue with a Chinese girl when you get off a bus

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:13 pm

Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:43 pm
The only real difference is the way people in the west put some kind of special power in the superstitions of the east
There is a certain segment of the West that has always been interested in magical thinking. These people may be supply-side economists, or bleeding heart liberals. It isn't about which side of the fence you play on it's the fact that these are all games that have no real connection with reality. They're fun like a tarot card, but they aren't real. Pick up a stone hold it at arm's length and drop it. It will hit the ground. No traditional magic, no folk beliefs, and no arcane mathematics by economists will change that fact. We all have fantasies that we want to be true. The problem comes when we allow those fantasies to control our decisions instead of facts and reality.

The ability to recognize a fact when you see it and make decisions based upon that fact is when human beings truly grow up and become adults. Many of us never do. Some of us managed to achieve leadership without ever learning that.

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:40 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:13 pm
There is a certain segment of the West that has always been interested in magical thinking. These people may be supply-side economists, or bleeding heart liberals. It isn't about which side of the fence you play on it's the fact that these are all games that have no real connection with reality. They're fun like a tarot card, but they aren't real. Pick up a stone holding an arm's length and drop it. It will hit the ground. No traditional magic, no folk beliefs, and no arcane mathematics by economists will change that fact. We all have fantasies that we want to be true. The problem comes and we allow those fantasies to control our decisions instead of facts and reality.
The mentioning of magical thinking and economists in the same paragraph reminded me that it was only a few years ago that the noble prize in economics was award to someone for denying that people are rational actors. How's that for magical? thinking? It took 250 years for them to realize that people aren't rational. Which in itself is an example for how irrational people can be. :lol:

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:22 am

Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:40 pm
It took 250 years for them to realize that people aren't rational.
The whole basis of conservative thought is that people are always rational and make rational decisions, which is in and of itself an irrational point of view. The joker in the arrangement is that people always act in what they believe is their best interests, and belief is an inherently irrational thought process. The "zero sum game" solution is an example of this. The idea that one cannot be a winner unless everyone else is a loser. This is a very Trumpian point of view. Be a winner at all costs, but the only way to be a winner is if everyone else are losers. In this scenario cheating is fine, because winning is more important that achievement. Again, irrational.

The only person you have to be better than is who you are today.

scarab280

Post by scarab280 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:21 am

Listening to this guy...super smooth...

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:23 am

scarab280 wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:21 am

Hi Scarab, nice to "see" you

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:40 pm

scarab280 wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:21 am

He reminds me of Ben Harper. Someone else you might like. Fight For Your Mind is probably his definitive album