It Was a debate

We are looking for discussions more then debates. Come with an open mind, maybe we all can grow.

Moderators: 4E Admin, 4E Mod

GuideToACrazyWorld

It Was a debate

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:49 pm

Submitted for your approval or at least your analysis

We all have our opinions of Harris, but I'd like to put those aside for a moment and discuss this moment from her interview with Stephen Colbert. To me this odd interaction is less about Harris personally and more about what has become so damaged in our culture. I remember when Ted Cruz first dropped his tail between his legs and became a Trump apologist, I said to friend, "I was always hot and cold on him as a politician but now I've lost all respect for him as a man. If someone said the things about my wife and father that Trump said about his there is no way they would get any support from me." It seems we reached this odd place where fling venom and insults even bordering on slander is acceptable as long as you are trying to win the "debate". When someone takes these personal attacks personally (it's right there in the description folks) they are treated as the odd one. This is even more true on line, where people feel they can act like any level of jack-ass they wish and it simply doesn't count. This compartmentalizing of self is bizarre to the point of nonsensical to me. I've always believed you are who you are anonymously more then anything else. What you will do to win an argument says a lot about you. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Eryk

Re: It Was a debate

Post by Eryk » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:53 pm

The part that I was thinking about and what Colbert avoided, was that she was basically laughing off a pivotal race issue, which makes her seem insincere. They weren’t discussing tax breaks or entitlement reform. This was a policy that heavily impacted her personally as a child...and now for her to laugh it off makes it seem like it was all for political points. This should’ve given Biden pause as to her likability. Especially since this attack was leveled toward him. But I don’t think Biden is in control.