Here at 4E we are looking for an environment where we can discuss political and social hot button issues in open and host way. Without insulting or demonizing each other. We believe that we all have something to learn, no matter how far apart our views are. As a result, we have but one sacred rule
- Don’t be a douche bag.
This has caused some confusing in the past so let us tell you how a douchebag acts:
- A douchebag has no concept of the charity principle of debate
- A douchebag likes to call names, sling passive-aggressive insults or dismiss those they disagree with.
- A douchebag will attack the source instead of refuting the data
- A douchebag always assumes any misunderstanding in communication is either the other person’s fault or dishonesty.
- A douchebag thinks they know everything about a subject.
- A douchebag talks down to others.
- Most of all a douchebag looks for loopholes, or missed points in rules in order to try and get around their intent.
I was a bit of an unreliable narrator in the beginning. We have two rules.
- Douchebags will be shot on site.