What do you want to see on this channel?

The biker bar of Awkward Arguments. All views welcome, bring a thick skin.

Moderators: DU Admin, DU MOD

tck62

Re: What do you want to see on this channel?

Post by tck62 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:06 pm

Cat's Paw wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:52 pm
eponymousbosch?^ wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:16 pm
GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:07 am

Because you have repeatedly lied.
Can't y'all wait until the campaign starts?
I wonder who the Republican nominee will be.
Mitt Romney

Ellen

Post by Ellen » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:17 pm

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:26 pm
Ellen wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:18 pm
eponymousbosch?^ wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:08 pm

Typo "and Zaba Newsjunkie"
Zaba was a militant anti-Islam broadcaster on NPR comment page.
Very intelligent, even-handed towards detractors, and awfully witty. I fancied Zaba for a woman, although Zaba never revealed a gender. Another vanished warrior.
I wish there was a way to access some of those old comments from The Atlantic...AND NPR. That shut-down was so traumatic.
You could try googling it using a screen name too...they may still be out in the ether...I know some AA'ers found some of it..or their own
I've tried that--but i had no luck at all ;- (

Ellen

Post by Ellen » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:18 pm

JAF wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:33 am
eponymousbosch?^ wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:13 pm
I would enjoy some discussion covering the fancies of Omens.
We have plenty of ravens flying about in Park City. And as a one-time golf course employee, I would be greeted at the Eight Hole, by a flock of them; some I recognized, others of which were always ambiguous.
I haven't suffered an unusual misfortune after seeing them in daily life, so I'm satisfied to regard the crossing of each other's paths, as an enjoyable coincidence.
I only other thing I'll touch on, would be American Flags flying at half-mast.
I passed one this morning; it occurs to me that this tribute is leveled before Elijah Cummings, the House Democrat/Civil-Rights veteran, who passed away this week.
Without knowing the truth on various occasions I passed a half masted Flag, I would be nursing a hopeful notion, that somehow(at last), Donald Trump had finally succumbed to a bowel explosion, glandular shut-down, vertebrae collapse, liver implosion, cerebral entropy, moral bankruptcy, or all of them together. Followed by an unfortunate report by the White House, that industrial cleaning sub-contractors describe a seventy year evacuation of the Oval Office, in order for all the effluvia to dissipate before the office could be safely entered for a final evaluation of habitat occupation.
Well, I got a lil' enthusiastic there...….so I'll leave any other offerings to others who might share some experiences with the forbodings of things to come..
You're hilarious. I could do with some more of you on the channel to brighten my day. :D
Eponymousbosch is so much fun! And he often includes music with his posts ...

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:20 pm

Ellen wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:17 pm
Z is for Zangie wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:26 pm
Ellen wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:18 pm
I wish there was a way to access some of those old comments from The Atlantic...AND NPR. That shut-down was so traumatic.
You could try googling it using a screen name too...they may still be out in the ether...I know some AA'ers found some of it..or their own
I've tried that--but i had no luck at all ;- (
Awww...that is too bad

Cat's Paw

Post by Cat's Paw » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:25 pm

tck62 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:06 pm
Cat's Paw wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:52 pm
eponymousbosch?^ wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:16 pm

Can't y'all wait until the campaign starts?
I wonder who the Republican nominee will be.
Mitt Romney
Well if Mitt can get 18 Republican Senators to think that way, they can get rid of Trump, entirely, even before the primary season.

DarkSide of the Moon

Post by DarkSide of the Moon » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:49 pm

Ellen wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:58 pm
eponymousbosch?^ wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:49 pm
Ellen wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:44 pm
Hi, eponymousbosch! Sadly, none of us know happened to Woof--he just disappeared without a trace. He was wonderful and clever, and I hope he's still out there in the world continuing to be wonderful and clever.
HI ELLEN!
I also miss the Jewish Princess which Dark Side of the Moon constantly flirted with, and Inis, the Scottsman. Ans Zaba Newsjunkie…...An NPR Favorite.
What was her name again? She was a riot. I loved both DamascusDean and Innis, too. And of course, MA, who went on to TAD. We had so much fun. Maybe @DarkSide of the Moon can remember her name, or the names of some of the other people we chatted with. A whole bunch of us flooded into TAD and then TAD immediately banned most of us, thinking they we trolls & as a result, we lost contact with some of them for ever--the thread was that tenuous. They banned Woof without giving him a chance--he was brilliantly funny...
Ah yes , BritAm . She was feisty.

Another person I miss , Ruby .