Hillary Clinton called me a 'Russian asset'. The establishment is losing its grip

The biker bar of Awkward Arguments. All views welcome, bring a thick skin.

Moderators: DU Admin, DU MOD

JAF

Re: Hillary Clinton called me a 'Russian asset'. The establishment is losing its grip

Post by JAF » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:23 am

eponymousbosch?^ wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:52 pm
Which One?
Jill Stein, the lady who wrote the article.

JAF

Re: Hillary Clinton called me a 'Russian asset'. The establishment is losing its grip

Post by JAF » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:27 am

Eryk wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:10 pm
“No it’s not” is all you have to say?
You didn't offer any argument other than "it is". Copying from the text as if there is some hidden meaning within isn't an argument, nor is contradicting your first statement that "no conservative would vote for" with Republicans are not conservative.

Eryk

Post by Eryk » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:07 am

JAF wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:27 am
Eryk wrote:
You didn't offer any argument other than "it is". Copying from the text as if there is some hidden meaning within isn't an argument, nor is contradicting your first statement that "no conservative would vote for" with Republicans are not conservative.
You don’t know the definition of “snide”.
You don’t know how Biology works.
You don’t know how to read a Bill.
You don’t know that not all Republicans are Conservative, just like not all Democrats are Progressive.

JAF

Post by JAF » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:49 am

Eryk wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:07 am
JAF wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:27 am
Eryk wrote:
You don’t know the definition of “snide”.
You don’t know how Biology works.
You don’t know how to read a Bill.
You don’t know that not all Republicans are Conservative, just like not all Democrats are Progressive.
That's rich coming from someone who asks, "Where is NATO?" and in doing so reveals he knows nothing about who, what and where NATO is.

Biology, I know enough to not confuse biology with social Darwinism. As demonstrated, I can also disentangle the myths you have mashed together and offer a rebuttal.

I know how to read a Bill, and I don't agree with your interpretation that is rooted in your own prejudices.

What I have not worked out yet is whether you lack knowledge or are just "snide".

former_rwd

Post by former_rwd » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:00 am

Eryk wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:28 am
This bill also REMOVES our rights. It removes from bakers the right to not bake a cake, doctors the right not to mutilate people suffering from gender disforia, women not to get punched in the face from women with the bone density of men, salon workers not to wax male genitalia.
Yeah, and not too long ago, people have lost their rights to keep slaves. Oh noes the oppression!

Eryk

Post by Eryk » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:46 pm

JAF wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:49 am
That's rich coming from someone who asks, "Where is NATO?" and in doing so reveals he knows nothing about who, what and where NATO is.
Ha! Do you honestly think I would randomly ask where NATO was when two of its members were in political conflict?
JAF wrote:
Biology, I know enough to not confuse biology with social Darwinism. As demonstrated, I can also disentangle the myths you have mashed together and offer a rebuttal.
Social Darwinism was used by racists to promote racism. I wasn’t promoting racism. And you call threatening to have me banned a rebuttal? Well I guess it is a rebuttal if we’re living in communist China.
JAF wrote:
I know how to read a Bill, and I don't agree with your interpretation that is rooted in your own prejudices.
The bill specifically said ‘gender identity’ and ‘healthcare’. You don’t think someone would have legal cause to sue a plastic surgeon or nurse who refused to assist in a surgery? If you don’t, that’s fine. It’s ok for people to disagree with me. But you didn’t lay out an argument. “Nuh uh” is an “effective rebuttal” to you?
JAF wrote:
What I have not worked out yet is whether you lack knowledge or are just "snide".
Are mods throwing Ad Hominems part of the “bring a thick skin” aspect of the channel experience??

In the neighborhood
GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:58 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:05 pm
How’s that? How is that different than what Trump routinely does?
She's showing why she has a reputation for being slimy. Which is what made her so easily dismissed in the election.

Eryk

Post by Eryk » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:12 pm

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:58 pm
She's showing why she has a reputation for being slimy. Which is what made her so easily dismissed in the election.
How is that different?

In the neighborhood
GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:17 pm

Eryk wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:12 pm
How is that different?
Different from what?

Eryk

Post by Eryk » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:21 pm

Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:17 pm
Eryk wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:12 pm
How is that different?
Different from what?
Oh sorry, jumping in mid conversation.

How is Hillary slimy but Trump isn’t? Trump has also shown to be exceptionally petty.

In the neighborhood
GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:27 pm

Eryk wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:21 pm
ow is Hillary slimy but Trump isn’t?
It's not about who is slimy and who isn't, it's about perception. While Trump's reputation was very public and available to anyone who followed his career, that's not nearly as public as Clinton's history which includes being a politician on the national stage. People who would normally have voted for her were looking for any excuse not to, and this is exactly the kind of stunt that lead to that.

Eryk

Post by Eryk » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:18 pm

Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:27 pm
Eryk wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:21 pm
ow is Hillary slimy but Trump isn’t?
It's not about who is slimy and who isn't, it's about perception. While Trump's reputation was very public and available to anyone who followed his career, that's not nearly as public as Clinton's history which includes being a politician on the national stage. People who would normally have voted for her were looking for any excuse not to, and this is exactly the kind of stunt that lead to that.
I don’t really buy the lesser of two evils argument. People know there is a media bias. People have been waiting for a candidate to not hide behind courtesy and instead call them out on their bias and lies. Trump did that. People like that Trump did that. So they invented this lessor of two evils rationalization (that maybe some think they believe in their conscious mind) because it’s not really moral to vote for someone who calls women “fat pigs” and has admitted to using his position to sexually harasses women.

In the neighborhood
GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:03 pm

Eryk wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:18 pm
I don’t really buy the lesser of two evils argument.
Good thing I didn't make such an argument.

former_rwd

Post by former_rwd » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:12 pm

Eryk wrote:
People know there is a media bias. People have been waiting for a candidate to not hide behind courtesy and instead call them out on their bias and lies. Trump did that. People like that Trump did that.
Who are these mysterious "people"? Conservatives? That doesn't cover all Americans - not by a long shot. Nor does it cover any kind of majority.

Eryk

Post by Eryk » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:23 pm

Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:03 pm
Eryk wrote:
I don’t really buy the lesser of two evils argument.
Good thing I didn't make such an argument.
I made that connection when you said people were looking for a reason not to vote for her. I guess I was mistaken.

Eryk

Post by Eryk » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:30 pm

former_rwd wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:12 pm
Eryk wrote:
People know there is a media bias. People have been waiting for a candidate to not hide behind courtesy and instead call them out on their bias and lies. Trump did that. People like that Trump did that.
Who are these mysterious "people"? Conservatives? That doesn't cover all Americans - not by a long shot. Nor does it cover any kind of majority.
Conservatives and moderates. I wasn’t trying to cover everybody. So even within conservatives and moderates it doesn’t cover them all. Just enough to make a difference in an election. I suppose it would be prudent to point out that this is just a theory of mine but I’m sure you knew that by your skepticism.

In the neighborhood
GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:45 pm

Eryk wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:23 pm
I made that connection when you said people were looking for a reason not to vote for her. I guess I was mistaken.
Yeah, I was talking about people having such a negative perception of her that any excuse was good enough for some. It wasn't necessarily about the lesser of evils, but it was about voting against her for a lot of people. Trump won't have that advantage this time around.

Eryk

Post by Eryk » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:37 pm

Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:45 pm
Eryk wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:23 pm
Yeah, I was talking about people having such a negative perception of her that any excuse was good enough for some. It wasn't necessarily about the lesser of evils, but it was about voting against her for a lot of people. Trump won't have that advantage this time around.
Well I think it’s more complex than that. Hillary had the advantage of being a woman, the advantage of being a Clinton, the advantage of being somewhat moderate. Clinton also had the disadvantage of being a woman, the disadvantage of being a Clinton and the disadvantage of being somewhat moderate. The net effect is unknown to me.

The next candidate will have the advantage of not being a Clinton and therefore the baggage. But the disadvantage is not having a name that is nationally recognized and polarizing. Except maybe Biden who has his own set of plus/minuses.

Point is that we don’t know. It’s one of the great mysteries of the universe. Everyone seems to believe that Trump and Hillary were each party’s worst candidates. In my opinion, they were each party’s best candidate.

former_rwd

Post by former_rwd » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:59 pm

Eryk wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:37 pm
Well I think it’s more complex than that. Hillary had the advantage of being a woman, the advantage of being a Clinton, the advantage of being somewhat moderate. Clinton also had the disadvantage of being a woman, the disadvantage of being a Clinton and the disadvantage of being somewhat moderate. The net effect is unknown to me.
I suspect that her main advantage and disadvantage was to represent the continuation of the course set by Obama administration.

JAF

Post by JAF » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:05 pm

Eryk wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:46 pm
JAF wrote:
Ha! Do you honestly think I would randomly ask where NATO was when two of its members were in political conflict?
JAF wrote:
Social Darwinism was used by racists to promote racism. I wasn’t promoting racism. And you call threatening to have me banned a rebuttal? Well I guess it is a rebuttal if we’re living in communist China.
JAF wrote:
The bill specifically said ‘gender identity’ and ‘healthcare’. You don’t think someone would have legal cause to sue a plastic surgeon or nurse who refused to assist in a surgery? If you don’t, that’s fine. It’s ok for people to disagree with me. But you didn’t lay out an argument. “Nuh uh” is an “effective rebuttal” to you?
JAF wrote:
Are mods throwing Ad Hominems part of the “bring a thick skin” aspect of the channel experience??
My goodness, you might like to try some reality on for size. For the record, I don't threaten to have you banned, I warn that racism is not acceptable on this channel. If someone goes too far with the racism I don't have them banned, I do it myself.

Your response here tells me you BOTH lack knowledge and are "snide".

Eryk

Post by Eryk » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:12 pm

JAF wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:05 pm
I don't have them banned, I do it myself.
Does it matter? lol

Youre the mod here so I’ll give this one to you. Have a nice day.