something a little different, perspective wise...

The biker bar of Awkward Arguments. All views welcome, bring a thick skin.

Moderators: DU Admin, DU MOD

scarab280

something a little different, perspective wise...

Post by scarab280 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:34 am

Ok so,as .oat here will be aware, I can mostly be found over at Poetry Park, more or less at the helm there with Truthseeker...so today I thought I'd bring something I was originally planning on posting there, but also I feel might fit here.
This is from one of my favorite performance poets, Kate Tempest, she is young at 26, but has been doing 'this' for 10 years+, sharing her social and political views through spoken word. Also as an ex-pat Brit, I find meaning in her commentaries. I'm sure some will like it and others will hate it! She grew up in a not so salubrious part of South London. Her dad, a labourer, put himself through law school while working and reinvented himself - now has his own law firm. She has roots in rapping, Shakespeare, and performance poetry, on yes and has also been commissioned to write a play. Not bad for a 26 year old right? I particularly love her passion.
In 2013 she won the Ted Hughes Award for her work Brand New Ancients, the first person under the age of 40 to win the award, and was selected as one of the 2014 Next Generation Poets by the Poetry Society. Tempest has received wide critical acclaim for her written and live work.

So, two pieces by Ms. Kate Tempest
(I'll start off gently lolz)

Ok so I couldn't decide between the live or official video of 'Europe is Lost' so posted both...I feel there's something more in her live performances...

Enjoy, listen, absorb, comment if you feel it..good or bad....