(PO) Not much bad news lately, thank goodness, and a few really good news stories

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

(PO) Not much bad news lately, thank goodness, and a few really good news stories

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:38 am

Have a Super Duper Sunday!
women, yea.jpg

Mike

Re: (PO) Not much bad news lately, thank goodness, and a few really good news stories

Post by Mike » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:54 pm

I’m here to change that. Have a look:

I don’t care what issues exist over on the Left at this moment. Yes there are issues over there that need to be addressed. But they do not represent an existential threat to this representative republic. Today’s Republican Party, otoh….

GuideToACrazyWorld

Re: (PO) Not much bad news lately, thank goodness, and a few really good news stories

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:14 am

Mike wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:54 pm
I don’t care what issues exist over on the Left at this moment. Yes there are issues over there that need to be addressed. But they do not represent an existential threat to this representative republic.
MSNBC... I guess I was wrong the other day when I said you'd be hard pressed to find someone around her who believed cable news was real news...

Mike

Post by Mike » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:42 am

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:14 am
Mike wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:54 pm
I don’t care what issues exist over on the Left at this moment. Yes there are issues over there that need to be addressed. But they do not represent an existential threat to this representative republic.
MSNBC... I guess I was wrong the other day when I said you'd be hard pressed to find someone around her who believed cable news was real news...
So you don’t think it matters that a Governor of a state takes it upon himself to usurp the will of the voters who elected this state attorney. A Governor who, incidentally, supports the concept of ‘nullification’. Far easier for the trump-like folks of the world to simply declare “FAKE NEWS” and thereby minimize the reality of where the near-entirety of the GOP is heading.

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:16 pm

Mike wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:42 am
So you don’t think it matters that a Governor of a state takes it upon himself to usurp the will of the voters who elected this state attorney.
Where did I say anything like that? We actually discussed this last week and I gave my views on the matter. I was simply enjoying the irony of you berating Fox news while using MSNBC as a source.

To summarize what I said before, I'm not following this closely. It has 0 effect on my life and is a matter for the people and the state of Florida to deal with. I have no idea what the Florida laws are around the removal of an AG, but I'd expect them to be enforced in the end.
Mike wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:42 am
thereby minimize the reality of where the near-entirety of the GOP is heading.
ROFLMAO. I missed you Mike.