( Sunday NO PO) Today is Shower with a friend day!

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Sunday NO PO) Today is Shower with a friend day!

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:03 am

It sounds good and when I was younger I tried it a few times, but, in practice, there can be logistical problems...and space issues...lol... though maybe if I had a bigger shower, way bigger with a bench or something?..lol...the other two weren't even mildly interesting, so this is all I got..lol
showerwitha friend.jpg

GuideToACrazyWorld

Re: ( Sunday NO PO) Today is Shower with a friend day!

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:30 am

We have as shower that is plenty big enough for two, but my wife has so many mobility issues that it doesn't get used that way any more. Even with the kid isn't home.

In other news, I just booked this year's vacation. We are going to Playa Blanca Panama. A deal came up on my phone a couple weeks ago that was just too good to pass up. It was under $2500 for the three of us including all inclusive resort and air fair. That's a steal since flights alone can be more then that. I'm looking forward to it, as a true geek I've always wanted to see the canal. Although, I don't think my son or wife will appropriate it. We will probably lump it in with a Panama City trip so she can shop and what not. Anyway I'm looking forward to it. Now the mad rush for passports.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:22 am

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:30 am
We have as shower that is plenty big enough for two, but my wife has so many mobility issues that it doesn't get used that way any more. Even with the kid isn't home.

In other news, I just booked this year's vacation. We are going to Playa Blanca Panama. A deal came up on my phone a couple weeks ago that was just too good to pass up. It was under $2500 for the three of us including all inclusive resort and air fair. That's a steal since flights alone can be more then that. I'm looking forward to it, as a true geek I've always wanted to see the canal. Although, I don't think my son or wife will appropriate it. We will probably lump it in with a Panama City trip so she can shop and what not. Anyway I'm looking forward to it. Now the mad rush for passports.
How cool...I am envious...I would like both the canal and the shopping...lol..I have a passport it expired in 2020 n the middle of the pandemic and the passport dept was closed, and I haven't gotten around to renewing it, kinda not hopeful I will ever need it again...sigh...you also have to return the original which annoys me, I want to keep it as a memento, I only have Toronto a couple of times and Punta Cana on it, but, still...

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:53 pm

Your theme of shower with a friend.. it reminded me when I was working, truck drivers got free showers when you buy fuel at the truck stop.
So I was headed towards the showers and there was a young woman who wanted to shower - I've got a heart to help out people so I said okay, sure. She was a stranger in the beginning but after we lathered up, not so much a stranger. We were friends for a while.

Mysterious Cat

Post by Mysterious Cat » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:11 pm

About an hour ago I took a shower at the gym, does that count? I have dreams about girls in the guys' locker rooms sometimes, I don't know if that's primal fear or wish fulfilment, could go both ways I guess. Not unlike unisex showers.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:13 pm

Mysterious Cat wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:11 pm
About an hour ago I took a shower at the gym, does that count? I have dreams about girls in the guys' locker rooms sometimes, I don't know if that's primal fear or wish fulfilment, could go both ways I guess. Not unlike unisex showers.
Ha..yeah, it would be fear in my case...lol