Frightened Fantasies on the Friday NO PO Open Thread

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

Frightened Fantasies on the Friday NO PO Open Thread

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:41 am

6jrw1gcdykk61.png
6jrw1gcdykk61.png (109.77 KiB) Viewed 1222 times
62ed083204a3a73978d2ac2f95ec6a6f.jpeg
nriAmW6.png
I have rarely had nightmares for most of my life, when younger I had mostly anxiety dreams about losing my parents ( the same one repeatedly...lol) or the common there is a big test and I didn't study for it one. As I got older they got a little abstract, sometimes was not even sure what I was afraid of. But, I would scream for help in my sleep ( usually for Rick as he is here, and he has never heard me...lol) and I know I was trying to wake up. This past year I have had more than usual.LAst night was the worst, I had multiple ones, and even when they woke me up, when I went back to sleep they returned. They generally seemed to be about a group of people who were crowding me and I couldn't breathe or could not get out from underneath them. Do you have many nightmares, or have you ever, and are they mostly the same theme? Do they appear more when you are more stressed/anxious? HAve you noticed anything like food you ate, or meds you take etc causing them

Slip Shod

Re: Frightened Fantasies on the Friday NO PO Open Thread

Post by Slip Shod » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:48 am

I don't dream and remember very often, but when I'm sleeping and do , I dream in the third person where I know I'm dreaming and I'm watching my dream. And if I don't like where it's going I stop and wake up 3 seconds and back to sleep.
Power of positive thinking - But not tonight because we're going to have good dreams.

Senor Natural

Post by Senor Natural » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:36 pm

Salsa with chips gives me dreams or Tabasco sauce, sometimes they are weird.
Dream of work from time to time even though I've been retired for 12 years - not really a nightmare, although some of the people in the dream have passed away since I retired.
For the longest, when I was young, I dreamed I was walking either up or down stairs and tripping and falling, always woke up kicking my right foot.
Then, one New Years eve, leaving an upstairs apartment to head out on the town, the sole of my right foot got caught under the carpet at the top of the stairs and I fell, all the way down and hit my head on the door seal opening to the landing at the base of the stairs - cut, 13 stitches, mild concussion and a big knot - no New Year's Eve celebration for me, but the next morning I still had a headache but without the hangover.
No kiss at midnight that night - shuckinstuffin.
Funny thing, though, after the fall, I have never had another trip and fall dream, not even one.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:24 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:48 am
I don't dream and remember very often, but when I'm sleeping and do , I dream in the third person where I know I'm dreaming and I'm watching my dream. And if I don't like where it's going I stop and wake up 3 seconds and back to sleep.
Power of positive thinking - But not tonight because we're going to have good dreams.
I can restart dreams if I wake up in the middle of one I like also...lol