Time for Talking on the Tuesday Political Open Thread

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

Time for Talking on the Tuesday Political Open Thread

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:04 am

Good Morning! Have a terrific time on Tuesday!
255568_768_rgb.jpg

Mike

Re: Time for Talking on the Tuesday Political Open Thread

Post by Mike » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:02 pm

The GQP is about to block the measure to keep govt running. Patriots???

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:12 pm

Mike wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:02 pm
The GQP is about to block the measure to keep govt running. Patriots???
I'd say amnesiacs. They tried the same shit back in the 90's and it backfired on them badly. The democrats flipped the house on that fiasco. Don't remember exactly what the issue was, but it was financial.

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:28 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:12 pm
I'd say amnesiacs. They tried the same shit back in the 90's and it backfired on them badly. The democrats flipped the house on that fiasco. Don't remember exactly what the issue was, but it was financial.
Didn't Clinton see the biggest jump in approval rating at that time too?

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:49 pm

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:28 pm
Tarmaque wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:12 pm
Didn't Clinton see the biggest jump in approval rating at that time too?
I think so, but that was like 25 years ago and my memory is not so good on the best of days.

What I find hilarious is how much the Republicans at the time hated Bill Clinton, mostly because he presided over passing NAFTA. Something they've been trying to get done for a couple of decades, but it ended up having his name on it. That just pissed them off.

Kind of the same thing as Obamacare being essentially the Republican's alternative to Hillary Clinton's health Care initiative in the 90s. They hated it because a Democrat (and a black man) got done what they couldn't.

Senor Natural

Post by Senor Natural » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:02 pm

The 1.2 trillion dollar infrastructure bill has already passed the senate, back on August 10, 2021, with Manchin and Sinema and the other 46 democrat senators, the two independents and 19 republicans voting for it.
It is now in the house, where the democrats have a majority, and they are trying to couple it to the 3.5 trillion dollar budget. Moderate democrats want to pass it already since it has passed the senate and get it to Biden's desk for his signature. He will do so, because he negotiated with Manchin and other senators the details in the bill.
Pelosi and the moderates are holding the passage up, not on it's merits, but on the schedule of its passage.
The problem is not Manchin, its Pelosi and moderate democrats bickering in the house.
The cartoon, therefore, is false - 'fake news' if you will.
You can google the passage of the infrastructure bill and see all the details for yourself, who voted for it, when it passed and why it is stuck in the house which has a clear majority of democrats.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:31 pm

Senor Natural wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:02 pm
The 1.2 trillion dollar infrastructure bill has already passed the senate, back on August 10, 2021, with Manchin and Sinema and the other 46 democrat senators, the two independents and 19 republicans voting for it.
It is now in the house, where the democrats have a majority, and they are trying to couple it to the 3.5 trillion dollar budget. Moderate democrats want to pass it already since it has passed the senate and get it to Biden's desk for his signature. He will do so, because he negotiated with Manchin and other senators the details in the bill.
Pelosi and the moderates are holding the passage up, not on it's merits, but on the schedule of its passage.
The problem is not Manchin, its Pelosi and moderate democrats bickering in the house.
You can google the passage of the infrastructure bill and see all the details for yourself, who voted for it, when it passed and why it is stuck in the house which has a clear majority of democrats.
It's stuck in the house because the progressives are threatening to vote against it ( and are really mad at Manchin, because he won't pass it as is) unless they pass the 3.5 T reconciliation bill..yesterday they claimed they had 60 votes to do so, they are the ones not cooperating..political cartoons are opinions...and I pick most because I find them funny, don't even always agree with what they say , but, like the humor, and I am not afraid to make fun of my own side as they do stupid things also...

I apparently read a lot more sources than you do, I do know what is going on.

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:52 pm

Arizona governor is a lame a__ rhino, useless or scared. BUT - there was a massive fraud going on and now it's documented and evidence is being turned over to the Arizona attorney general for prosecution . So it looks as if long last there may be some accountability. Texas doing the same, Pennsylvania heading that way. I imagine restless nights ahead for those involved.
I'm ready for you - send me the hate mail, not that I care. Sock it 2me Michael baby

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:26 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:52 pm
Arizona governor is a lame a__ rhino, useless or scared. BUT - there was a massive fraud going on and now it's documented and evidence is being turned over to the Arizona attorney general for prosecution . So it looks as if long last there may be some accountability. Texas doing the same, Pennsylvania heading that way. I imagine restless nights ahead for those involved.
I'm ready for you - send me the hate mail, not that I care. Sock it 2me Michael baby
I don't know what you are reading slip, but, the report doesn't say there was fraud, it speculates that things non experts interpreted as possible fraud was fraud, this has no basis in fact, or how professionals and experts do elections it even says that Biden won by 360 more votes than the official count
I am not going to send you hate mail, and no, we didn't cheat, the Republicans are the ones cheating and lying now
I just don't understand, I thought you were pretty smart...and I can't believe, as you know me, that I would lie, or be partisan here...I am going on actual facts...regardless of who they favor, and no lawsuits are going to happen, they will get dismissed, just as the 60 other ones did
If you read the reports from the actual REPUBLICANS in charge of the election, you would see where their "guesses" are incorrect...that isn't how it works:
https___bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_107f3c97-ec2a-40a8-ad4a-b28ec0e671bd_706x666.png

Please, really research this, don't assume everyone on the left are horrible people and everyone on the right are good people ( in fact, most documented fraud ( which is very rare and hard to do on a big scale) recently was by Republicans..you are being lied to and misled, don't confirm priors, find out what the truth actually is.

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:53 pm

I do appreciate you Z and I like how you won't shy away from saying exactly how you feel about something. If I'm wrong, I won't use the fraud word here, but if there was found intentional wrongdoing, mishandling of ballots and I still believe there was, now we can go on to dispute how large a part that played in the election, but it's still a fact documentation has been turned over to the Attorney General of Arizona for prosecution. All of this is beside the point, I can't help but liking you though we may be on different sides of the aisle in a few things - not all, some. There's Republicans I don't like; I don't consider myself a Republican maybe more libertarian and a rebel. But for the record uz pretty cool

Mike

Post by Mike » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:39 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:53 pm
I do appreciate you Z and I like how you won't shy away from saying exactly how you feel about something. If I'm wrong, I won't use the fraud word here, but if there was found intentional wrongdoing, mishandling of ballots and I still believe there was, now we can go on to dispute how large a part that played in the election, but it's still a fact documentation has been turned over to the Attorney General of Arizona for prosecution. All of this is beside the point, I can't help but liking you though we may be on different sides of the aisle in a few things - not all, some. There's Republicans I don't like; I don't consider myself a Republican maybe more libertarian and a rebel. But for the record uz pretty cool
What a word salad. Is there a point you’re attempting to make here?

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:02 pm

Thanks mike.

Mike

Post by Mike » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:54 pm

Dunno why our righties ain’t shredding Biden for the testimony that occurred on the Hill today. Apparently his top generals recommended leaving 2500 troops in Afghanistan, yet a month ago he said that he got no such advice. Someone is not talking straight.

If he rejected that advice, fine. But say it.

Senor Natural

Post by Senor Natural » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:57 am

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:31 pm
Senor Natural wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:02 pm
It's stuck in the house because the progressives are threatening to vote against it ( and are really mad at Manchin, because he won't pass it as is) unless they pass the 3.5 T reconciliation bill..yesterday they claimed they had 60 votes to do so, they are the ones not cooperating..political cartoons are opinions...and I pick most because I find them funny, don't even always agree with what they say , but, like the humor, and I am not afraid to make fun of my own side as they do stupid things also...

I apparently read a lot more sources than you do, I do know what is going on.
From what you said, no.

Senor Natural

Post by Senor Natural » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:02 pm

Your piano says Infrastructure bill, not 3.5 trillion budget bill. Since you are well read, I'm sure you can read that and know the difference.