The Sixth Sense on the Saturday NO PO Open Thread

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

The Sixth Sense on the Saturday NO PO Open Thread

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:13 am

large_35tAQaFHyhTAl3EBAXGgAlnory5.jpg
large_35tAQaFHyhTAl3EBAXGgAlnory5.jpg (16.38 KiB) Viewed 1517 times
tkmuo.jpg
keanur.jpg
keanur.jpg (11.4 KiB) Viewed 1517 times
I have pretty reliable instincts and intuition when reading people. But, I have never forecast the future or anything, so nothing paranormal. But still, a good skill to have. I have wondered though if there are true Physics who are that way, seems I have met one or two. I wonder if it is a part of the brain that is more advanced in for them, that isn't in most of us. Like it is something we may evolve into being able to do to some extent. There is much we don't know about the brain. What are your thoughts?

Slip Shod

Re: The Sixth Sense on the Saturday NO PO Open Thread

Post by Slip Shod » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:46 pm

From early on we've always wondered about the future. Tribal chiefs, kings they've all had their counselors reading the stars, casting bones or even inspecting animal livers - looking for that edge .
We've never learned anything from the past so why would the future be any different
th.jpeg
th.jpeg (11.97 KiB) Viewed 1497 times

Randi

Post by Randi » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:44 pm

When I was in my teens in used to have dreams of fire. If I dreamed something would burn. Not long after, it burned
One I remember so clearly. I had the dream several times. It freaked me out so much I told my Mom and sister.
I dreamed that I was standing on our walk looking to the horizon to the west. I saw a big ball of flame on the horizon
Then one evening, we walked outside to go get in the car. And there on the western horizon was a big ball of fire. I couldn’t say anything I just stared. My sister said: “ your dream”. Then she said: you’re a witch”. Mom told me to never mention it again
It turns out the ball of flame was a huge barn. It was over 150 years old. And it had a massive stacked, fieldstone foundation that held the heat for a long time
It took the local volunteer fire companies two days to put it out

Ellen

Post by Ellen » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:53 am

Slip Shod wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:46 pm
From early on we've always wondered about the future. Tribal chiefs, kings they've all had their counselors reading the stars, casting bones or even inspecting animal livers - looking for that edge .
We've never learned anything from the past so why would the future be any different
th.jpeg
I saw, a while ago, you were talking about having out-of-body experiences and I thought about replying. I, too, have had that experience many times. A feeling of detachment. Of leaving my body and soaring away from it, barely linked to 'it', and wondering if I could come back. I've had experiences where I could feel my 'soul' press down on my sleeping body and re-enter it. The effort that it took to "reconnect". Was that my imagination? My dreams?

And then, I was in a terrible car accident. My body was crushed. And there was the terrifying experience of feeling disconnected from the horribly damaged body and wanted to escape. The feeling of being tethered by a slim little thread. And wondering if I ever again would feel "whole", "as one", connected or reconnected to my self.

It's so interesting, though. And Slip Shod, I just read about disassociation due to trauma. Read that. You'll be amazed. (or maybe I'm assuming too much. Maybe not...)

Mike

Post by Mike » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:00 am

Forecasting the future is not about having ‘foresight’. It’s about seeing what’s actually occurring now, without filtering it through your desires or other biases.

If you are a fan of a sport, try this some time. Without studying a matchup, just predict a win/loss outcome. The catch is it has to be something about which you have a little knowledge, but have no investment in the outcome. You won’t accurately predict those outcomes every time, but you’ll do a lot better than when attempting to predict the outcomes of games in which you have a favorite team… or have a wager.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:23 am

Hi @Ellen so nice to "see" you, hope all is well with you

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:17 am

It's so interesting, ...
[/quote]
I read what you wrote and appreciate the time you took. It's fascinating but oh, what a big can of worms we're opening up here.
I hear what you're saying about entering back into your body - I think each of us are a little bit different. I think for some it's more like a swoosh and others a thud. For some just before they leave they experience a buzzing, electrified sound. There seems to to be a common shared sensation of your 'true self' being tethered at the belly button to the physical left behind.
And you touched upon disassociation and trauma. It's a coping mechanism for our 'true self', that one that we both realize now.
I told you we were opening up a can of worms and from here we can go into split personalities, all kinds places - abuse, the nature of man, psychology, mk Ultra, religion, third eye, philosophy/materialism, astral planes.
In a true sense, you have been awakened. You now walk in a blind world .

Ellen

Post by Ellen » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:54 am

[ Let's see if I can remember how to respond... hahaha ]

It was a long time ago that you wrote about this--this leaving the body experience. It used to happen to me when I was little. I felt like I was flying. As a teenager, I remember becoming aware of having "left" my body and then panicking and wanting it back. I remember pressing myself / my soul back into my body and then coming awake with a groan.

But the thing that I had wanted to share with you then---but didn't because, well, IT'S WEIRD--was that I was in a very bad car accident, actually crushed, and when I was home in a hospital bed stuck not IN but WITH this broken body, I felt like my soul was just barely tethered to it. I felt completely separate and wondered if I would ever feel whole or as one with it ever again. And perhaps didn't want to keep going because of the extreme pain. Very very creepy experience.

So. All these months have passed and I read about disassociation. I'd never heard of it before. It's due to trauma, like child abuse (I suffered from that) or a catastrophic accident. (huh). I think it's fascinating. Does the wonderful mind allow us to run away from our bodies? (Huh, again.)