Sleepwear and Sheets and Stuff...on the Sunday NO PO Open Thread

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

Sleepwear and Sheets and Stuff...on the Sunday NO PO Open Thread

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:48 am

1500-thread-count-queen-sheet-sets-style-solid-78.jpg
1500-thread-count-queen-sheet-sets-style-solid-78.jpg (13.75 KiB) Viewed 1607 times
49974_main.jpg
catshirt.jpg
shopping.png
shopping.png (33.1 KiB) Viewed 1607 times
I love high thread count Egyptian Cotton ( champagne taste on a beer pocketbook...lol), but Have never been able to afford the really high counts, maybe 600-800 at best I see they now have like 1200-2500...lol... I also like silk sheets once in a while, and really love thermal sheets in the winter, especially Christmas-themed ones, which I have a few sets of. I can't wear log gowns to sleep in anymore, because for some reason I get tangled up in them and it drives me nuts...lol.. I do love nightshirts year-round, and especially, again, Christmas ones, ( I don't have that cats in a tree one, but would love it, and that Crabby in the morning one...lol...

I use a fluffy comforter anyway and run the A/C almost year-round to breathe better. So what are your bedding, sleepwear etc preferences? ( oh, and firm pillow and middle firm mattress)

Z is for Zangie

Re: Sleepwear and Sheets and Stuff...on the Sunday NO PO Open Thread

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:51 am

I am trying to retrain myself on the sleep schedule now that I have a job. At least until i get used to working again and depending on what my actual work hours are going to be ( he suggested two before, yet Monday he wants me there at 9 AM)..the later I go in the better it works for me...lol...I won't be able to do this at midnight or later, so I hope no one minds. No one really posts in the middle of the night anymore so it should be ok.

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:00 am

I only have flannel sheets, even for the summer. I dislike regular linen, and cannot stand satin or silk. In the winter I generally sleep in an unheated room with a window open until it gets really cold, but I sleep with an electric blanket. It's fuzzy.

Recently I had to retire the old quilt my Grandmother made for me. The backing is an old sheet and is falling apart, and the top is a patchwork of old denim scraps that are coming apart in places. I love it, and I have another one that's similar but not as worn, but it's shorter and doesn't fit my bed as well. I just realized too that they are both more than 40 years old! So when I got my new electric blanket I decided to retire the old one and start using my new quilt that my step-Grandmother made for me. It's fancier and a lot prettier, and it has a tartan flannel sheet for a backing.

What this really means in practical terms is the two flannels and the fuzzy electric blanket kinda stick together almost like Velcro. It's been a lot easier to keep my bed less messy.

Randi

Post by Randi » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:21 am

Night wear , lately it’s been one of Harry’s tee shirts

Sheets normally cotton. Ir poly cotton blend since it’s warm I only have the sheet and an old electric blanket on the bed. I will be bringing my quilts out once it gets colder. They are patchwork quilts my step great grandmother made. I think she made them in the 1970s
I have three furry roommates. Sometimes I have to fight for my pillow and space for my feet. Sometimes I wake up and think I have furry ear muffs.

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:33 pm

I spent so many years sleeping in the bunk of a big truck that I was uncomfortable anywhere else - it took a while to get used to not sleeping there. The truck would be running when it was cold out and it would be running the air conditioning when it was hot - I thought about it and I think it was that gentle constant vibration that help me sleep good

Randi

Post by Randi » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:03 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:33 pm
The truck would be running when it was cold out and it would be running the air conditioning when it was hot - I thought about it and I think it was that gentle constant vibration that help me sleep good

I believe that. I made a delivery to one of the stores next to the CSX rail yard in Cumberland, MD. One of the diesels was idling in the yard next to me. I put my head down to rest my eyes and fell asleep instantly
Many in my family worked in the railroad industry. I guess I got too comfortable lol

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:34 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:00 am
I only have flannel sheets, even for the summer. I dislike regular linen, and cannot stand satin or silk. In the winter I generally sleep in an unheated room with a window open until it gets really cold, but I sleep with an electric blanket. It's fuzzy.

Recently I had to retire the old quilt my Grandmother made for me. The backing is an old sheet and is falling apart, and the top is a patchwork of old denim scraps that are coming apart in places. I love it, and I have another one that's similar but not as worn, but it's shorter and doesn't fit my bed as well. I just realized too that they are both more than 40 years old! So when I got my new electric blanket I decided to retire the old one and start using my new quilt that my step-Grandmother made for me. It's fancier and a lot prettier, and it has a tartan flannel sheet for a backing.

What this really means in practical terms is the two flannels and the fuzzy electric blanket kinda stick together almost like Velcro. It's been a lot easier to keep my bed less messy.
I had an old quilt that my grandmother's friend made for her out of her old bowling shirts...loved that thing, it was warm and reminded me of her...it somehow got lost somewhere along the way and I was really upset and can't figure out what happened to it. I had it in the trunk of my car at one point for emergency use in a snowstorm, I remember that. I get too hot with electric blankets, though I loved my heated water bed.

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:35 pm

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:34 pm
I get too hot with electric blankets, though I loved my heated water bed.
The trick with an electric blanket is to turn it on high a half hour before you go to bed, then turn it down to low. Also keep the room freezing.