A Totally Tapped OU, but, Thankful Day on the Tuesday NO PO Open Thread

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

A Totally Tapped OU, but, Thankful Day on the Tuesday NO PO Open Thread

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:52 am

i-am-tapped-out.jpg
Screen-Shot-2021-03-09-at-3-16-38-PM.jpeg
Hey, everybody, this has been an awesome day, probably one of my best, if not the best...first of all, the first day at work went very well, and I think I have found my perfect job. the atmosphere was awesome, I get along with the boss ( and he is pretty funny, laid back, his mom was pretty cool too...) I didn't feel at any time that I can't do this job.

Then this piece from Mr LaBash, ( he talks about other things, but, I think does a fair representation of me and what kind of year it has been...I will post the link in the next window...then, apparently, a lot of people were touched by my story, and want to send me money...just wow....can you believe it?

I have awesome friends and family, you couldn't believe how many phone calls, emails, and posts I have gotten wished me happy birthday or good luck, etc...I feel like I not only see light at the end of the tunnel but, like this is a life-changing day, for the better for a change. I have had a lot of awful years and events in my life, but, this last year was the scariest and the one I felt the most hopeless about...but, turns out, people and life really can be good again, the only downside is I am already up past when I wanted to go to bed, and have to get up early...Have you ever had a single day that made you feel like this and did it work out for you?

Z is for Zangie

Re: A Totally Tapped OU, but, Thankful Day on the Tuesday NO PO Open Thread

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:53 am

Here is the link, he talks about other things, it isn't paywalled to read this piece, but, if you like his style or what he does, consider subscribing, it is only $5 a month or $50 for a year. There are also some other good sites and writers on substack with all kinds of views.

https://mattlabash.substack.com/p/surprise

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:54 am

PS: I feel like I did something not only good but, helpful for our country in a small way

Randi

Post by Randi » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:19 am

I had wanted to be a Real estate agent ever since I was a little girl. I declared to my parents “ one of these days I’m going to go into every house in this town”. I was maybe four or five. They laughed at me, but since the had family members that were agents , it wasn’t that far fetched
But I didn’t actually get my license until 2013
Every time a transaction comes to an end . When the property “ closes” its stressful.
One of the most challenging closings I had was 6 years ago today. A young couple took on the monumental task of restoring a home built in 1812. Neither one of them had any experience in the building trades. She was a pharmacist and he watched a lot of “ how to” Chanel’s on you tube and HGTV
At the last minute they got cold feet and wanted to terminate the sale. Even though the day we had the home inspection, the inspector and I tried to talk them out of buying the property. The house had extensive damage to the huge support beams in the basement. And to complicate matters that had taken a full time job in a call center. So as soon as I got a break I would go outside and call one of the parties involved in the transaction. In the end , they decided to buy the house
And it finally closed
By the time it closed I was exhausted. Physically, mentally and emotionally and since the list price was low, I didn’t get much of a commission check. But the satisfaction was immeasurable And I couldn’t wait to go on to the next adventure.

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:00 pm

So I signed up for a class for work that is on CT. So the class starts 6AM my time. Yep, I'm an idiot.

Randi

Post by Randi » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:22 pm

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:52 am
Hey, everybody, this has been an awesome day, probably one of my best, if not the best...first of all, the first day at work went very well, and I think I have found my perfect job. the atmosphere was awesome, I get along with the boss ( and he is pretty funny, laid back, his mom was pretty cool too...) I didn't feel at any time that I can't do this job.

I’m happy to hear that you like your new job. I think you will do very well there.
This job is your reward for sticking it all out

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:32 pm

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:00 pm
So I signed up for a class for work that is on CT. So the class starts 6AM my time. Yep, I'm an idiot.
A 5 a.m. big cup of coffee / best wishes for success