Sentimental Sensibilities on the Sunday NO PO Open Thread

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

Sentimental Sensibilities on the Sunday NO PO Open Thread

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:39 am

1w08ub.jpg
1w08ub.jpg (48.12 KiB) Viewed 1605 times
herman-8-24-laghngstock-ucensing-inc-d-st-by-universal-uciek-48000846.png
herman-8-24-laghngstock-ucensing-inc-d-st-by-universal-uciek-48000846.png (321.9 KiB) Viewed 1605 times
one-does-not-simply-sell-family-jewelry-with-sentimental-value-and-not-get-hate-for-it.jpg
one-does-not-simply-sell-family-jewelry-with-sentimental-value-and-not-get-hate-for-it.jpg (30.72 KiB) Viewed 1605 times
you-cant-put-a-price-on-a-sentimental-value-54586226.png
you-cant-put-a-price-on-a-sentimental-value-54586226.png (224.47 KiB) Viewed 1605 times
jql9fs26df001.jpg
I know you all know I am pretty sentimental, why I collect what I do, and why I have problems purging things, as most have some sentimental value to me. I know that everyone isn't sentimental and that mostly men ( though not all) are the most adverse to the whole concept. I think I am sentimental both by personality and that I have had a lot of bad things happen in my life, and I like to focus on and appreciate those things that make me smile and think of good things. How I keep my generally positive view amid the harder times. Are you sentimental and about what kind of things? Do you think it is a bad thing to be so ( have been told it is but a few significant people in my life)?

Z is for Zangie

Re: Sentimental Sensibilities on the Sunday NO PO Open Thread

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:50 am

So, two things to report on.
I woke up this morning feeling pretty yucky and had to cancel my belated birthday lunch and reschedule. So, I took a nap later on and I had a nightmare. My cat Kitt was sleeping with me. In this nightmare, something(s) and/or someone(s) were trying to hurt me. So, I started to hit back and even tried some magic I think ( lol, that I don't have) to push them away.

In the process, I think I hit my cat, and I was screaming I am sure but couldn't wake up...and in the dream, I felt these sharp attacks to the left side of my face and my arm...when I finally woke up, I was bleeding profusely from the scratches he apparently caused to protect himself...they are not deep, but, lots of blood, the ones on my arm are more minor, I washed my face and put some Neosporin on the wounds...

Kitt seemed a little leery of me ( the screaming may have scared him to and that could have been it also) at first, but I petted and cuddled him and apologized and he seems fine now, came to me of his own volition for more attention...lol...this has never happened before, and he sleeps with me all the time and I have had nightmares before ( lots of them this year, where normally not so many)..I had thought getting the job would make them mostly go away, but, I guess I need some more time to adjust to my job and the things that go with it...to get back to real normal

The gentleman that asked to meet me due to that piece and I decided on an Italian restaurant and he is going to pick me up at 7 pm this Saturday...think I am going to use a bit of my first paycheck to get my hair done and get my nails done something I haven't done in a year and a half...I still don't know if this is actually a date, but, will be interesting to find out why he wanted to meet, and I am excited just to have the opportunity to do something social...

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:40 pm

I'm not particularly sentimental so I Google'd what is the opposite of sentimental wondering where I fit. And there's some not so pretty qualities right there. And I'm not any of those things either, so now I don't know what I am. I'll leave it at confused

Randi

Post by Randi » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:23 pm

I’m sentimental. Nothing I have is really valuable but I like small things that people used every day. I have my Mom’s coffee mug, I have an Esso Tiger Mug like my maternal grandfather had. I have a coffee mug from my paternal great grandmothers Diner. And of course I have Harry’s coffee mug
If I love you, I re-home your coffee cup after you pass.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:12 pm

Randi wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:23 pm
I’m sentimental. Nothing I have is really valuable but I like small things that people used every day. I have my Mom’s coffee mug, I have an Esso Tiger Mug like my maternal grandfather had. I have a coffee mug from my paternal great grandmothers Diner. And of course I have Harry’s coffee mug
If I love you, I re-home your coffee cup after you pass.
Yeah, I have personal items of my dad and grandmother for similar reasons..what I didn't get was something from my sister who died.

Randi

Post by Randi » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:11 am

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:12 pm
Yeah, I have personal items of my dad and grandmother for similar reasons..what I didn't get was something from my sister who died.

I’m sorry to hear that. Sometimes the smallest things mean so much

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:15 am

Randi wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:11 am
Z is for Zangie wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:12 pm

I’m sorry to hear that. Sometimes the smallest things mean so much
Yeah, I wouldn't have asked, and am kinda disappointed they didn't offer