Worn Wheels on the Wednesday NO PO Open Thread

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

Worn Wheels on the Wednesday NO PO Open Thread

Post by Z is for Zangie » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:14 am

1.jpg
1.jpg (51.14 KiB) Viewed 1599 times
This is the one I think I am going to try and get.

And these are the details.
https://www.bignissani90.com/used-Avon+ ... V0FC824645

As you probably know, it is the worst time to get a car...I didn't know how bad. First off to lease one of these that was costing me $320.00 a month, for a new car, now costs $485 with fees, loss of fees, and a huge down payment. So, I told him I wanted between a $300-$400 payment, preferably low to mid 300's...You know what 300-400 gets you now? A used car worth $15,000 or less...yikes...my maxima I had for 20 years and I bought if when it was 4 years old, but, I knew how owned it before me and it was low milage...and it was over 250,000 miles when I finally had to junk it and the engine was fine, it was just rusting out underneath everywhere, common here in NE Ohio, bu every used car I have owned both cost a lot to fix the last few years or died completely, I hate that, so I am leery...so, this one has the most extras, that I had on the other two Rogues ( manual instead of automatic A/C , but I can live with that, high mileage ( 98,000 plus), but, at 6 years old that isn't a lot per year...so, wish me luck, I can't get the lease either btw, unless I have a specific credit score, which I had on average of the three until he told me they fiddle with them for cars, and lower them...sigh...everything is just set against us isn't it?...lol...what do you guys think of this car in particular and used cars in general.

Randi

Re: Worn Wheels on the Wednesday NO PO Open Thread

Post by Randi » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:34 am

My niece bought an off lease Rouge in 2020. I think her payments are like 385 a month. I have driven it, it’s a nice car
When I’m looking at cars. (Used, never new) I do research into potential problems and repair costs. I look at You Tube videos to see how hard it is to change the oil, do a tune up, and change out light bulbs
I thought about getting another SUV with all wheel drive, then I looked at the prices. I’m just hoping “ miss Vanna” 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan 224k, lasts another year. I am just not willing to pay that much for a depreciating asset.

I think the most I ever paid for a car was maybe $6000? That was 2016 ish for the van. I don’t think I could write a check for much more than that with bursting into flame. I have also never had a car loan. I just save up, work, or sell stuff until I get enough I normally drive a car 7 to 8 years

Senor Natural

Post by Senor Natural » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:42 pm

Might do better from an individual, one who has maintenance records . . . if you pay cash. It'll save you a bundle in the long run.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:41 pm

Senor Natural wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:42 pm
Might do better from an individual, one who has maintenance records . . . if you pay cash. It'll save you a bundle in the long run.
I have the maintenance records, paid for the report, and I trust this guy he is a family friend, has always done well by me. I don't have $15,000 cash Senor, I will be lucky if I can come up with all of the $1500 in time....

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:41 pm

OK..here is what my sales guy said:

Angie,

We have an approval on the 2015 Rogue with 3 references and $1,500 total down with a $350 payment. This will require us to cut the price, which we are doing that since you are a loyal Nissan customer!!! We are not normally cutting price with the vehicle shortage that is happening. Please let me know if that works for you, then I can Mark it sold.

Think I am going to take it...

Mike

Post by Mike » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:27 am

I got my new-ish convertible at exactly the right time. It has appreciated nearly $7K since I got it in March. Good luck with your acquisition, and I hope it brings you joy!

Topic change, just because this is my only ‘social’ posting anywhere: World Series. Specifically, the ‘shift’ deployed by so many teams nowadays. It baffles me that the hitters don’t bunt against it on a regular basis, to prevent the shift. If the defense is leaving you half the field empty, why not take advantage?

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:30 am

Mike wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:27 am
Topic change, just because this is my only ‘social’ posting anywhere: World Series. Specifically, the ‘shift’ deployed by so many teams nowadays. It baffles me that the hitters don’t bunt against it on a regular basis, to prevent the shift. If the defense is leaving you half the field empty, why not take advantage?
I have no idea what you're talking about since I haven't watched Baseball since Ichiro was still hot stuff, however back when I did watch it I always wondered why certain players (for instance the aforementioned Ichiro) didn't bunt more.

Now granted, Ichiro at his best could drop just about any pitch on a dinner plate in center field if he wanted to, but why not leverage that? Combined with his legendary speed one would think the occasional bunt would be a winning combination.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:42 am

Mike wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:27 am
I got my new-ish convertible at exactly the right time. It has appreciated nearly $7K since I got it in March. Good luck with your acquisition, and I hope it brings you joy!

You are allowed to be off-topic here, as long as it isn't PO....lol

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:45 am

Randi wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:34 am
My niece bought an off lease Rouge in 2020. I think her payments are like 385 a month. I have driven it, it’s a nice car
When I’m looking at cars. (Used, never new) I do research into potential problems and repair costs. I look at You Tube videos to see how hard it is to change the oil, do a tune up, and change out light bulbs
I thought about getting another SUV with all wheel drive, then I looked at the prices. I’m just hoping “ miss Vanna” 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan 224k, lasts another year. I am just not willing to pay that much for a depreciating asset.

I think the most I ever paid for a car was maybe $6000? That was 2016 ish for the van. I don’t think I could write a check for much more than that with bursting into flame. I have also never had a car loan. I just save up, work, or sell stuff until I get enough I normally drive a car 7 to 8 years
Yeah, I have never been paid enough or had any money to save...I the ink the only used car I bought with cash was after my divorce and that was only because I had some money from divorce with the equity in our house...Unless I win big, I never have that kind of money to spend...I had my Maxima for 20 years, over 250,000 miles and it was still going strong...love Nissans...

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:47 am

Randi wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:34 am

PS: I also neither can do car work, nor want to and have to pay someone to do it, and it gets pricey towards the end of the life of the car...I prefer newer cars because I don't have to worry about that stuff, and I drove enough used, pretty worthless cars in my life, I am tired of sacrificing nice things all the time

Randi

Post by Randi » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:29 am

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:47 am
PS: I also neither can do car work, nor want to and have to pay someone to do it, and it gets pricey towards the end of the life of the car...I prefer newer cars because I don't have to worry about that stuff, and I drove enough used, pretty worthless cars in my life, I am tired of sacrificing nice things all the time

Nissans are good cars.
I work on cars because I enjoy it and I’ve done it since the 1970s. I can’t do as much as I used to, but I do what I can
Commission checks are nice for bigger purchases. If they fall at the right time, which sometimes they don’t lol
One of the best vehicles I ever had was a $450 dollar Ramcharger. I literally ran it until the body fell apart. I bought it from a junkyard I used to date a guy that flipped cars the way people flip houses. He taught me an awful lot