Feeling Frisky on the Friday Political Thread

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

Feeling Frisky on the Friday Political Thread

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:31 am

Good Morning! Have a frisky Friday!
mra102121dAPR.png

Mike

Re: Feeling Frisky on the Friday Political Thread

Post by Mike » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:46 pm

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:48 pm

4 mike
The race card, it's been played now for decades. Perhaps, just perhaps the Republicans are catching up. I don't know - just speculation

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:01 pm

Mike wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:46 pm
When I enter a room and see a picture tilted I want to straighten it and when there is a lopsided view I like to see balance. Here we have a Democratic governor of Virginia in blackface and yet the outrage from the Democratic side is mystifyingly absent
~
9293840-0-image-a-12_1549061975752.jpg
~
I don't enjoy pulling things up from anyone's past and crucifying them because we've all said and done things looking back now we wish we could have changed . We grow and get wiser (hopefully). But that's where we live now . That's society.

Mike

Post by Mike » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:10 pm

Oh, you mean that thing that was all over the ‘liberal’ news media? That he did in high school decades ago, and for which he has profusely apologized multiple times? And you think that, somehow, balances a candidate who is consciously deploying racist tactics TODAY??

Newsflash: it does not. And you can’t blame it on “the world we live in today”; it is, rather, your choice. You making the world what it is today. Lee Atwater would be proud of you, shoddy

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:37 pm

Mike wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:10 pm
Oh, you mean that thing that was all over the ‘liberal’ news media? That he did in high school decades ago, and for which he has profusely apologized multiple times? And you think that, somehow, balances a candidate who is consciously deploying racist tactics TODAY??

Newsflash: it does not. And you can’t blame it on “the world we live in today”; it is, rather, your choice. You making the world what it is today. Lee Atwater would be proud of you, shoddy
Critical Race Theory - it's all Bulshitt .
I could inturn post videos by Candace Owens OR from family members of the late Martin Luther King, his wife, black people, who are totally against critical race Theory. You're not standing on any moral High Ground you're standing knee-deep in bulshit

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:14 pm

Professor Derek Bell, critical race theory was attributed to him. AND he proposed the bigoted 'Interest Convergence Theory' which holds that whites will support minority rights only when it is in their best interest too . That's your bigoted guy Michael
~
Even though I love it, let's totally disregard barbecue and focus on the fact that some of my favorite things are buttered saltine crackers, vanilla ice cream, and mashed potatoes for sure, and let's not forget about mayonnaise - yep, I'm sorry but I'm into mayonnaise on my sandwiches - all white stuff. I guess that makes me a racist

Mike

Post by Mike » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:30 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:14 pm
Professor Derek Bell, critical race theory was attributed to him. AND he proposed the bigoted 'Interest Convergence Theory' which holds that whites will support minority rights only when it is in their best interest too . That's your bigoted guy Michael
~
Even though I love it, let's totally disregard barbecue and focus on the fact that some of my favorite things are buttered saltine crackers, vanilla ice cream, and mashed potatoes for sure, and let's not forget about mayonnaise - yep, I'm sorry but I'm into mayonnaise on my sandwiches - all white stuff. I guess that makes me a racist
OF COURSE people will support the interests of others only when it is in what they believe to be their own self-interest! That’s not learned/ingrained bigotry; that is human nature. It holds true in your family, it holds true among you and your neighbors, it holds true at work.

But it sure is amusing watching you join Youngkin in flailing at the strawman. Sadly it shows that, like Atwater before him, Youngkin’s calculation is correct.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:40 pm

Mike wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:46 pm
Some of my Never Trump conservative friends don't like the Lincoln Project, I love them>>>

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:11 pm

Mike wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:30 pm
Slip Shod wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:14 pm
~
OF COURSE people will support the interests of others only when it is in what they believe to be their own self-interest! That’s not learned/ingrained bigotry; that is human nature. It holds true in your family, it holds true among you and your neighbors, it holds true at work.

But it sure is amusing watching you join Youngkin in flailing at the strawman. Sadly it shows that, like Atwater before him, Youngkin’s calculation is correct.
Perhaps in times past I've been too hard on you mike - is it dementia here we're were dealing with ? I haven't said a word about Youngkin . Go back and re-read my posts. Dementia is really heartbreaking - though I hardly know you, it's got to be rough for those who are close to you

Mike

Post by Mike » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:59 pm

No, you did not mention Youngkin. What you did was join his fusillade against critical race theory. And then to try to cover that up, you engaged in a full-scale unrelated adhominem against me. Unlike some of the rightwing ninnies around here, I won’t go crying to the moderator over such a thing… I’d far rather watch you continue on your inane trajectory.

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:38 am

To my buddy Mike -
Honestly, I didn't know there were any inane right wing ninnies posting here. I thought myself to be the only special one here to you. So much for being special - it's a let down. I still enjoy reading you - I told you before you were my go-to guy. I take you to the bathroom and read your posts. Start my day off with you
~
I'm the Puppet Master and you mike are my yo-yo