Don't forget to turn back the clock and get an extra hour of Sunday Sleep on the Political Open Thread

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

Don't forget to turn back the clock and get an extra hour of Sunday Sleep on the Political Open Thread

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:13 am

Good Morning! At least this one you gain an extra hour...lol..have a sleepy Sunday!
Cher.jpg
Cher.jpg (12.51 KiB) Viewed 1271 times
scale.jpg
scale.jpg (15.82 KiB) Viewed 1271 times

Mike

Re: Don't forget to turn back the clock and get an extra hour of Sunday Sleep on the Political Open Thread

Post by Mike » Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:14 pm

My toaster gets its atomic time from the Internet. Haven’t had to “turn back a clock” in many years.

Slip Shod

Re: Don't forget to turn back the clock and get an extra hour of Sunday Sleep on the Political Open Thread

Post by Slip Shod » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:51 pm

An open political column should be a place I figure we can mull over an idea. We all can mull over this together. This guy's a writer of science fantasy fiction
~
brandon-sanderson-419979.jpg

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:00 pm

Mike wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:14 pm
My toaster gets its atomic time from the Internet. Haven’t had to “turn back a clock” in many years.
Yeah, I have many appliances and the computers who do...but, I still own a normal alarm clock, some wall clocks and all my watches...lol

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:53 pm

Vice President K. Harris, a bright shining star. Asking NASA if they can track trees for racial justice in neighborhoods. An amazing question. That's our Kamala.
~

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:24 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:51 pm
An open political column should be a place I figure we can mull over an idea. We all can mull over this together. This guy's a writer of science fantasy fiction
~
brandon-sanderson-419979.jpg
Many thoughts on this. First, of course, the old adage: There is no way to peace. Peace IS the way.

Similarly, because there have been so many folks here and elsewhere who proclaim (in various words) that the only way to finally lose racism is to ignore it: you cannot fix a broken thing by letting it continue to creak along in broken fashion, by ignoring it. Like the rusted faucet I finally just replaced this weekend, it only gets worse with time. A recent President had the following to say on this concept. June 15, 2020: “If we stop (covid) testing right now, we’d have very few cases”.

To return to the Sanderson statement, destination determines path. You do not climb Everest by booking a flight to Aruba, and then spending the next month hanging out on your sofa. Clearly, no one who books that flight to Aruba and then sits on the couch for a month can rationally claim to have a destination at the top of Everest.

20 years ago, a President decided he was going to bring peace to the Mideast… and that he was going to do it at the muzzle of a gun. See how well that worked out.

So I take proclamations such as this by Sanderson with many grains of salt.