(PO) What do yu think about the dems throwng in with Evan McMullen in Utah? ( I think it is awesome on several levels)

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

(PO) What do yu think about the dems throwng in with Evan McMullen in Utah? ( I think it is awesome on several levels)

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:34 am

Have a Fantastic Friday!
mail (1).jpg
mail (2).jpg

Slip Shod

Re: (PO) What do yu think about the dems throwng in with Evan McMullen in Utah? ( I think it is awesome on several level

Post by Slip Shod » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:47 am

After digging in a little bit, I believe I understand some of your several levels you were referring to. And it's summed up in this..
'The enemy of my enemy is my friend', an ancient proverb which suggests that two parties can or should work together against the common enemy
Not so much a positive political force as much as it is a negative one
I may have it wrong, I may have it all wrong

Z is for Zangie

Re: (PO) What do yu think about the dems throwng in with Evan McMullen in Utah? ( I think it is awesome on several level

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:54 am

Slip Shod wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:47 am
After digging in a little bit, I believe I understand some of your several levels you were referring to. And it's summed up in this..
'The enemy of my enemy is my friend', an ancient proverb which suggests that two parties can or should work together against the common enemy

For those of us who consider the crazy right a threat to democracy, we need to align with like-minded allies to fight them..Evan is a rational and decent guy, a Dem can't win in Utah, Conservatives there, but especially the Mormans, are very into character, not just tribal, and the sane conservatives there might be a factor...Mike Lee has turned out to be even worse than thought...Evan has a chance...this wouldn't work in any state, but Utah is unique, and it may in some other purple states a least

It shows you can work together across parties and have a common goal. And we aren't the enemy, on the extremes on both sides think that...most liberals are center and rational people, yet we all get tarred with the behavior of our minority fringe...sigh

So,yeah, I think is a step in the right direction

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:30 am

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:54 am
Slip Shod wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:47 am

So,yeah, I think is a step in the right direction
All I was saying Z was that I understood, I thought I did, where you were coming from .. with the different levels and all.
And as far as positive, negative forces goes, you may have misunderstood me a little bit there. A positive political force pushes forward your agenda whereas a negative force is a restraining force aimed at opponents

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:42 pm

I think that it is a wonderful union. We are way past time that the more even keel minds start reaching out to each other no matter the mascot.

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:44 pm

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:54 am
For those of us who consider the crazy right a threat to democracy
A threat for sure, but I do think the threat is sometimes over blown. Extremism is always a threat to democracy, that is why our system has the checks and balances it does. While it did nothing to save people from Trump's blustering tweets, he was widely held in check by our system. In that aspect I've never been prouder to be an American.