King Crab, Crispy Cremes or Kit Kat?

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

King Crab, Crispy Cremes or Kit Kat?

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri May 06, 2022 3:02 am

Of any other "k" food you can think of that you like...lol...(there aren't many and a bunch are Japanese words...lol...)I like Crab, but, I hate the project to eat it ...all that work for very little reward...Crispy Creme's are way too sweet...I like Spudnuts or Dunkin Donuts...I like Kitt Katts though
download (2).jpg
download (2).jpg (7.24 KiB) Viewed 675 times
download.jpg
download.jpg (5.48 KiB) Viewed 675 times
download (1).jpg
download (1).jpg (10.7 KiB) Viewed 675 times

Tarmaque

Re: King Crab, Crispy Cremes or Kit Kat?

Post by Tarmaque » Fri May 06, 2022 3:39 am

If you don't know what "Kaffir Lime" is, it's what gives Thai food that unique citrus flavor. Not the fruits so much, as the leaves.

There is some controversy over the name, since in South Africa the word "kaffir" is an ethnic slur for black South Africans. The word comes from the Arabic "kafir" which means "Infidel." However the etymology of the fruit name comes from Southeast Asia and not South Africa. So I find the argument silly. I see no reason to start calling it Makrut Lime, since that is also the word for a kind of orange in Southeast Asia. In South Africa they simply call it "Thai Lime" which is neither accurate nor necessary.

Anyway. Kaffir lime. The leaves have a more authentic lime flavor than a regular lime or key lime.

Other K foods: Kiwi fruit, Klondike bars, Kale (yuck,) Kimchi (yuck yuck,) Kidney beans, Kung Pao Chicken, and Kebobs.

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Fri May 06, 2022 5:14 am

You almost had me there Z - with those k word food things. I'll tell you one that I like though I haven't had it for a while .. Rice Krispies and a fresh banana sliced up in it. Always enjoyed cereals anyway just haven't had Rice Krispies for a while

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Fri May 06, 2022 4:29 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 3:39 am
If you don't know what "Kaffir Lime" is, it's what gives Thai food that unique citrus flavor. Not the fruits so much, as the leaves.
They are getting easier and easier to find too.