(PO) Read anything interesting today?

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Tarmaque

Re: (PO) Read anything interesting today?

Post by Tarmaque » Fri May 13, 2022 5:18 pm

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 3:40 pm
as for Virginia Thomas it's not so much that I don't think she would leak it, it's just that I don't see what advantage she'd think leaking it would bring her.
No one ever said Virginia was a smart person. The general belief is that if a conservative leaked the document it was with the intention of encouraging Trump voters to go to the polls. I don't know what a liberal person leaking the document thought they would get out of it. Increased outrage prior to the announcement of the decision? That's not going to change any of the justices opinions. Five of them have built careers on specifically conservative causes.

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Fri May 13, 2022 6:09 pm

Mike wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 4:57 pm
What pumped the stock was the rumor that a guy capable of buying out the company,
That roomer started with him buy stock then talking posting about buying it on social media. So if that was a roomer her started it. The fact that it would elevate the stock was obvious.
Mike wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 4:57 pm
I certainly was not allowed to utilize the house I did not yet own as collateral on the loan I took out in order to buy that house….
You didn't own stock in the house. That is the difference. He did have an ownership steak in twitter, he is leveraging it to get a larger ownership.

Mike

Post by Mike » Sat May 14, 2022 2:32 am

Blech. Today, Marjorie and Tucker and much of the Right accused the Biden Administration of hoarding infant formula. Saying they are sending it all to the Rio Grande or something. You know, as if the worldwide supply chain issues didn’t exist before 2021.

They are getting measurably stupider by the day.