(PO) Sunday salutations and speaking

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

(PO) Sunday salutations and speaking

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sun May 15, 2022 2:16 am

Have a wonderful Sunday!
mail.jpg
superdem.jpg

Tarmaque

Re: (PO) Sunday salutations and speaking

Post by Tarmaque » Sun May 15, 2022 3:54 am

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Sun May 15, 2022 1:27 pm

https://cntpd.link/rEtIY
~ diesel rationing?

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Sun May 15, 2022 1:29 pm

You know what happens when big trucks can't fuel up ..
the sh_t & fan thing

Mike

Post by Mike » Sun May 15, 2022 10:12 pm

Must be Biden, hoarding it all to mix with all the baby formula he’s hoarding.

But someone needs to explain this to me. You can make diesel fuel from rotting vegetables. How are we facing a shortage ot it, and how does the Right explain that it’s Biden’s fault?

Meanwhile, because we all know it’s really the left that is racist, it must be that the guy who shot up the Buffalo market and killed ten black people must be a leftist. Because the white left are the gun nuts who armed up over the past many years in anticipation of a race war. Because it’s the left that has been spewing “replacement theory” for the past many years.

Mike

Post by Mike » Sun May 15, 2022 10:32 pm

One more item: twice in the past three days I ate at restaurants in ‘exclusive’ areas. In both cases, management addressed the recent inability to hire, to find folks willing to do the hard work that is waiting and busing tables and cleaning dishes. The first, in pissed-off tone, complained about the rise in minimum wage and blamed Biden. The second? A very pleasant fellow, and he actually puts out newsletters. And rather than assign inaccurate blame, he correctly analyzed the situation. He noted that, with the rise of AirBnB and other such services, none of the people in those areas are willing any more to rent to young people for seasonal work. Thus there are no college kids around… and lower income families have been completely priced out. The second location is accessible only by ferry. So if there are no folks living there who need the income provided by minimum wage work, that restaurant literally cannot staff itself unless it also ups the wage to cover the ferry fare, and the ferry parking rate. Which of course drives up the price of dining there.

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Mon May 16, 2022 2:31 am

@ mike . So many questions you have / inflation, baby formula, diesel fuel, Biden's fault?
If you hold on there a little bit you may be getting some answers to your questions - after the midterm elections. Here's two and a half minutes of a couple of fellas discussing just that -

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Mon May 16, 2022 3:00 am

Slip Shod wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 2:31 am
@ mike . So many questions you have / inflation, baby formula, diesel fuel, Biden's fault?
If you hold on there a little bit you may be getting some answers to your questions - after the midterm elections. Here's two and a half minutes of a couple of fellas discussing just that -
Sigh, I knew I shouldn't have read this right before I go to bed
Have I ever posted anything mean about whats his name with a video or threatened you in any way?

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Mon May 16, 2022 3:02 am

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 3:00 am
Slip Shod wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 2:31 am
Sigh, I knew I shouldn't have read this right before I go to bed
Have I ever posted anything mean about whats his name with a video or threatened you in any way?
PS: If this happens and you cheer, I will be very upset

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Mon May 16, 2022 3:35 am

Z, there's no joy and happy face from me in this - I hate politics. And I understand how you're feeling, I feel much the same way you are right now. There is no working together anymore it's all them or us. It's where we find our selves now, this is the state of politics. Posting had nothing to do with you Ms Z. I was thinking of Mike, his style is in your face.
I guess forgive me Ms Z and I hope you sleep well tonight. The farthest thing in the world for me was to upset you

Senor Natural

Post by Senor Natural » Mon May 16, 2022 4:24 pm

Time to get baby boomers out of politics and governance - they are old, set in their ways, suffer from 1950s (GOP) 1970s (democrats) arrested development, inept (Pelosi and Schumer), incompetent (Turnip).
We have passed one bill benefitting Americans since 2020 - Infrastructure, and it hasn't kicked in to any great degree.
The democrats, with control of the presidency and the house and a tie breaker in the senate, are reduced to giving guns to Ukraine and fighting culture wars with geezer repulblicans.
Last administration was a huge fiasco, and this one is not doing much if any better.
Baby boomers - retire, enjoy your kids and grandkids, or cats and dogs. If you are so dumb that you never saved and invested for retirement - tough. Live the best you can on what little you have. You didn't do well when you had your chance. It is your problem, not the rest of the country's, and you have no right to rob the present and futures of younger people to provide welfare for you.

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon May 16, 2022 4:42 pm

Murdoch’s Australian Sky ‘News’ as a source? Hilarious. They try multiple times daily to astroturf something, anything.
Not that I expected anything else from you, shoddy….

Anyway, note the opening of the vid. It poses the question of impeachment, and asks why. The first 90 seconds of that has zero to do with anything other than the possibility of GOP majorities in House and Senate. So we can deduce that the impeachment would be exclusively political, having zero to do with public policy /safety or national security or anything like that. Got it.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Mon May 16, 2022 5:12 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 3:35 am
Z, there's no joy and happy face from me in this - I hate politics. And I understand how you're feeling, I feel much the same way you are right now. There is no working together anymore it's all them or us. It's where we find our selves now, this is the state of politics. Posting had nothing to do with you Ms Z. I was thinking of Mike, his style is in your face.
I guess forgive me Ms Z and I hope you sleep well tonight. The farthest thing in the world for me was to upset you
It's ok, was a rough week end and I was a bit touchy...

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon May 16, 2022 6:42 pm

Charles Manson did not pull a single trigger. He did not plunge a knife into anyone, did not slash anyone, did not even punch or kick anyone. Never specifically told his followers to go murder those people.
Yet Charles Manson was convicted of murder in the Tate-LoBianco killings, multiple counts of it.

What then do we make of the words of some TV personalities and politicians appearing nearly verbatim, multiple times, in the 180 page manifesto of the Buffalo shooter? What do we make of Tucker Carlson and Elise Stefanik’s thought streams clearly having huge influence on this guy?

Is it time to free Charles Manson? give him his own FOX program?

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Mon May 16, 2022 7:01 pm

Mike wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 6:42 pm
Charles Manson did not pull a single trigger. He did not plunge a knife into anyone, did not slash anyone, did not even punch or kick anyone. Never specifically told his followers to go murder those people.
Yet Charles Manson was convicted of murder in the Tate-LoBianco killings, multiple counts of it.

What then do we make of the words of some TV personalities and politicians appearing nearly verbatim, multiple times, in the 180 page manifesto of the Buffalo shooter? What do we make of Tucker Carlson and Elise Stefanik’s thought streams clearly having huge influence on this guy?

Is it time to free Charles Manson? give him his own FOX program?
Dude, Charles Manson's been dead for a couple years now. I thought you were better read
But it's an interesting idea, we could prop him up in a chair with a mic and the format of the show would be answers from the other side

Mike

Re: (PO) Sunday salutations and speakinay

Post by Mike » Mon May 16, 2022 7:06 pm

Way to evade the point, but thanks for the correction. I do not follow the “pop culture” aspect of things, so I did not pay attention to his demise.

Guess he won’t be getting his FOX show after all

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Mon May 16, 2022 7:35 pm

Afton Elaine - the 26-year-old woman was the convicted old fart Charles Manson's fiance. She was in his fan club too. How do you figure out something like that ?
z9cemmmqpextodvsijv9.jpeg

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon May 16, 2022 7:42 pm

I don’t care about Manson.

What I DO care about is what constitutes the sort of influence by which a Manson could be jailed for murder due to his demonstrable influence over his followers… and how that might be relevant to items like this Buffalo shooting. Where this schmuck was so very obviously influenced by Tucker, so compelled to put a halt to the ‘replacement’ that he went out and killed some of the ‘replacers’. So convinced by Tucker that something needs to be done to halt the replacement that he planned to continue his spree, had he not been caught.

Btw, some of the more racist gun nut sites are celebrating this shooting.

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Mon May 16, 2022 8:08 pm

(mike)
Btw, some of the more racist gun nut sites are celebrating this shooting.
[/quote]
I can't believe anyone, anywhere could be celebrating something like this. It's in defensible. He needs to forfeit his own life . This situation brings up all sorts of arguments concerning the death penalty. Personally, I believe in hang'm high. I don't hold to that defense of temporary insanity - once he's executed you could put that on his tombstone if you'd like.. 'yeah, he was crazy, but crazy no more'

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon May 16, 2022 10:20 pm

Slip, you don’t need to believe it. Just go to 4chan and have a look.

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Mon May 16, 2022 11:00 pm

Mike wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 10:20 pm
They've got to be young and stupid.
To base your arguments on the blah of young, immature punks -I'm surprised at you. No one of any sense would ever celebrate the loss of life. You're a smart guy but you're just over the top sometimes

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon May 16, 2022 11:54 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 11:00 pm
Mike wrote:
To base your arguments on the blah of young, immature punks -I'm surprised at you. No one of any sense would ever celebrate the loss of life. You're a smart guy but you're just over the top sometimes
And according to Fox’ legal team, no rational person would believe what Tucker spews on air.

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Tue May 17, 2022 12:00 am

Mike wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 11:54 pm
Slip Shod wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 11:00 pm
Mike wrote:
And according to Fox’ legal team, no rational person would believe what Tucker spews on air.
Jf4FBs6JZhvKU.gif
Jf4FBs6JZhvKU.gif (1.75 MiB) Viewed 2030 times

Mike

Post by Mike » Tue May 17, 2022 12:53 am

I’m not surprised at you shoddy. Doing everything you can to provide minor distractions, to not accept the seriousness of this.

There are people celebrating this. Not a small handful; a significant number. What exactly is your motivation in this endless deflection?

Btw, plenty of people celebrate loss of life. Millions of Americans, for example, celebrated the execution of Saddam Hussein.

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Tue May 17, 2022 3:20 am

Mike wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 12:53 am
Btw, plenty of people celebrate loss of life. Millions of Americans, for example: the Irish
Ok, I'll give you that one
26n6R5HOYPbekK0YE.gif
26n6R5HOYPbekK0YE.gif (2.94 MiB) Viewed 2018 times
Update and acknowledgment.
There was an alteration to what Mike actually said. I saw some humor in the situation and took advantage of it. So to Michael, my apology - I thought it was blatant and obvious to anyone reading so the intent wasn't malicious