It's Saturday...YEA!, I had a long week...not a lot I have to do either this week end that I don't want to do. lol..(PO)

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

It's Saturday...YEA!, I had a long week...not a lot I have to do either this week end that I don't want to do. lol..(PO)

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat May 21, 2022 3:10 am

Have a super one!
bitcoin.jpg
news.jpg

Mike

Re: It's Saturday...YEA!, I had a long week...not a lot I have to do either this week end that I don't want to do. lol..

Post by Mike » Sat May 21, 2022 2:01 pm

Greg Lopez. If he wins the Colorado race this year, he plans to implement an electoral college in that state.

The result of which would be the end of the one person, one vote system. It would give permanent weight to rural areas…. to property. It would drastically disempower urban areas. It would create a permanent Republican government, and a permanent Republican slate of electors in national Presidential elections.

Ever wonder what a fascist theocracy is like? Make no mistake; that is where the GOP is going. And now that the courts at almost every level are loaded in their favor, it’s gonna be tough to resist. Look what just happened with Title 42. A judge in Louisiana, a conservative judge, prevented it from being sunset. Even though its purpose was not about preventing immigration, but about preventing the import of Covid. Obviously, we are so far along with Covid that a few immigrants bringing it with them won’t make a dent in the numbers; the policies of the trump administration ensured it would, to quote trump’s request that it be allowed to, “wash through the population”.

Slip Shod

Re: It's Saturday...YEA!, I had a long week...not a lot I have to do either this week end that I don't want to do. lol..

Post by Slip Shod » Sat May 21, 2022 6:12 pm

@ mike. Not lengthy mike, but in a few words state your idea of what immigration should look like, just basically. You have a gift to criticize all sorts of policy. So in a few words, are you a flagrant open borders guy? Open the gates?
How would you see the regulating our borders. Again, just one or two thoughts -