Ok, I had what I assume is an arthritis revenge event...lol...( NO PO)

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

Ok, I had what I assume is an arthritis revenge event...lol...( NO PO)

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue May 24, 2022 2:31 am

I woke up with this terrible pain in my left thumb, this was stabbing it with a knife pain and I couldn't use my left hand at all, so, I had to call and tell Bill I am coming in late. I took a Motrin and it got a bit better, and I had trouble taking a shower and dressing, but, I made it to work. Does anyone know any ways to treat this other than Motrin? I found some exercises specific to the thumb and hand but doesn't seem to help much yet...and I don't really trust the internet on this stuff...lol..It still hurts and periodically goes knife stabbing hurts, where I can't use my left hand at all, it hurts to type either way. Sucks getting old...sigh
arthritis.jpg
arthritis.jpg (4.09 KiB) Viewed 558 times

Z is for Zangie

Re: Ok, I had what I assume is an arthritis revenge event...lol...( NO PO)

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue May 24, 2022 2:42 am

thumbsup.jpg
thumbsup.jpg (13.12 KiB) Viewed 556 times

Tarmaque

Re: Ok, I had what I assume is an arthritis revenge event...lol...( NO PO)

Post by Tarmaque » Tue May 24, 2022 3:12 am

Heh. Funny you should mention that. I take Pregabalin (Lyrica) for the pain in my feet. My doctor says it's due to my diabetes. Maybe. Anyway, I've been taking it for a couple years now. On my last doctor's appointment he asked me how my feet felt on the Lyrica? I said "I dunno. I don't have the courage to stop taking it and see if it gets worse." My feet basically hurt all the time anyway, but I don't want it to get any worse. Kind of a dull, aching pain. Mostly like a bruise on the balls of both my feet.

Well my fears were correct. I usually fill my pill boxes on Saturday night or Sunday morning. On Saturday night I decided to fill the boxes, but out of curiosity I didn't put the Lyrica in. So I didn't take my morning dose. Then I worked all day Sunday. By the end of the day my feets were absolutely killing me, but I didn't take my nighttime dose either.

My feet kept me up most of the night last night. You know when your feet go to sleep when you lay or sit on them wrong, then when you stand up it feels like a thousand needles poking every exposed surface? It was like that, all night long. In both feet.

Anyway, this morning I took my morning dose and things were better today. So I guess that stuff works pretty good. Not perfect, but considerably better than nothing.

Man, what a drag it is getting old.