Way to go Joe. (PO)

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Slip Shod

Way to go Joe. (PO)

Post by Slip Shod » Fri May 27, 2022 6:40 am

A JPMorgan note on May 18 said the average US gas price could surpass $6 a gallon this summer as driving season gets fully underway.

"US retail price could surge another 37% by August to a $6.20/gal national average," analysts led by Natasha Kaneva wrote.
~ (inflation a 40-year high) way to go Joe

U.S. Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.) today discussed how the Biden administration’s radical climate policies and its assault on domestic energy production are creating record-high energy prices for South Dakota families. Thune noted that if Democrats take their climate hysteria to new levels, by discouraging lending to certain sectors of the agriculture economy, for example, Americans could also see food prices rise more sharply than they already have.

Slip Shod

Re: Way to go Joe

Post by Slip Shod » Fri May 27, 2022 6:54 am

6e43f774-1bd6-46c5-81bb-9c500f32ba91-Inflammatory_inflation.jpg
•~
3o7buj21agc1gf5P8Y.gif
3o7buj21agc1gf5P8Y.gif (654.24 KiB) Viewed 1035 times

Mike

Re: Way to go Joe. (PO)

Post by Mike » Fri May 27, 2022 11:22 am

Absent nationalizing the industry PLUS massive wage/price controls, there’s little that can be done when the entire world is seeing gas prices soar. Unless you are suggesting we join with Russia on Ukraine in order to attempt to bring gas prices down. Or find some way to establish a command economy, in order to have govt dictate production and distribution.

Ain’t it funny how free-market capitalists immediately blame govt when the free market fails.

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Fri May 27, 2022 11:50 am

Mike wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 11:22 am
Absent nationalizing the industry PLUS massive wage/price controls, there’s little that can be done when the entire world is seeing gas prices soar. Unless you are suggesting we join with Russia on Ukraine in order to attempt to bring gas prices down. Or find some way to establish a command economy, in order to have govt dictate production and distribution.

Ain’t it funny how free-market capitalists immediately blame govt when the free market fails.
☕ Good morning Mike. May you have one fantastic day today ✅.
No tickets, no flat tires & no 'necessity' runs during conference meetings.
Have a great one -
We were exporters under the last administration. Yep pulling it out of the ground

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri May 27, 2022 12:54 pm

Um Slip, only I can do the PO, but, aside from that...This is inappropriate and also wrong, he has very little control over either of these things, and this place is not the place to consistently trash the President with nothing of substance, critique is one thing...bashing and meanness is another. Please stop. I would delete the whole thing if Mike hadn't also posted.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri May 27, 2022 12:56 pm

PS: And Thune is a Trumpy politician who is just doing the usual "own the libs" crap, whether it is true of not...I am tired of it...It disappoints me you are on that same bandwagon

Mike

Post by Mike » Fri May 27, 2022 1:41 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 11:50 am
Mike wrote:

Have a great one -
We were exporters under the last administration. Yep pulling it out of the ground
Not a single well has been closed by Biden, not a single pipeline turned off.
Tell me then the meaning of your last two sentences.

And Z, that’s just shoddy being his true self.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri May 27, 2022 1:46 pm

Mike wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 1:41 pm
Slip Shod wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 11:50 am
Mike wrote:

Have a great one -
Not a single well has been closed by Biden, not a single pipeline turned off.
Tell me then the meaning of your last two sentences.

And Z, that’s just shoddy being his true self.
Eh , only partly, there is another side that I am more familiar with

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Fri May 27, 2022 2:42 pm

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 12:54 pm
Um Slip, only I can do the PO, but, aside from that...This is inappropriate and also wrong, he has very little control over either of these things, and this place is not the place to consistently trash the President with nothing of substance, critique is one thing...bashing and meanness is another. Please stop. I would delete the whole thing if Mike hadn't also posted.
I didn't know about that, you were the only one to post the PO thing, didn't know.
The only reason I post from the 'other side' because it's an entirely bash'm party here and no one's there to say HEY.
Personally, I can take or leave the (PO) thing. I'll step aside and let it return to the way it was, all 🔵, all sassy and happy kicking it together and be damned if there ever be a different voice.
I leave a happy camper, like I said it was a take or leave a thing with me I'm less of trumpy and more of a step in when he sees a guy getting his ass kicked four against one.
But I'm good & will leave things in your capable hands Ms.Z .. carry on.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri May 27, 2022 2:57 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 2:42 pm
Z is for Zangie wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 12:54 pm
I didn't know about that, you were the only one to post the PO thing, didn't know.
The only reason I post from the 'other side' because it's an entirely bash'm party here and no one's there to say HEY.
Personally, I can take or leave the (PO) thing. I'll step aside and let it return to the way it was, all 🔵, all sassy and happy kicking it together and be damned if there ever be a different voice.
I leave a happy camper, like I said it was a take or leave a thing with me I'm less of trumpy and more of a step when he see a guy getting his ass kicked four against one.
But I'm good & will leave things in your capable hands Ms.Z .. carry on.
The problem isn't the "other side", Guide doesn't always agree with me or others either...the problem is you seem to have a lot of misinformation, most of it coming from the extreme right ( I don't like either extreme), and you don't debate ideology, you just trash those of us who think different...I can be critical of my side when I believe it is a valid criticism, I am NOT tribal at all...

I don't like the trashing of anyone actually, but since people tend to ignore me or get snarky with me when I try to turn the temperature down ( speaking between posters here), sometimes I just figure they can figure it out...or, the other option is to just ignore the personal attacks..

I have never liked Trump, not since the 80's I knew he was a creep and a jerk, every time I saw him the hair on the back of my neck stood up, all I needed to know

You want to talk about policy etc and what you favor and why etc., you are free to do so