Today is National Hamburger Day...if you like them, what is your favorite combo?

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

Today is National Hamburger Day...if you like them, what is your favorite combo?

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat May 28, 2022 3:45 am

If you do not, it is also beef burger ( not sure of the difference from hamburger...lol) and Brisket day...or, if none of those, pick something you prefer...lol..I like American cheese, red onion, dill pickle slices, and mustard on mine...and well done... How do you feel about sliders, any of them, not just the burger ones?
cheeseburger.jpg
cheeseburger.jpg (10.21 KiB) Viewed 501 times
sliders.jpg
sliders.jpg (13.12 KiB) Viewed 501 times

Mike

Re: Today is National Hamburger Day...if you like them, what is your favorite combo?

Post by Mike » Sat May 28, 2022 11:20 am

I do my own grind: half sirloin, half short rib. I don’t ‘work’ the patties too much when forming them; I like them to not be too dense. I form a little divot in the center, so that when they cook they flatten out rather than shrink into a ball. I grind and form them about a half hour prior to cooking. Then I put them in the freezer. A half hour of freezer time freezes only the very outside of the burger. This prevents it from coming apart on the grill.

I season them, not heavily, with only salt and pepper about five minutes before grilling. I grill them over hardwood - or if I’m feeling lazy, on a gas grill with a small chunk of hardwood.

I’m not always into lots of toppings. But I do like the occasional seared lobe of foie gras on it. In any event, I hate when it falls apart in my hands so I tend to have that stuff on the side. Easier to take a forkful of that stuff with a bite of burger