Today is National Smile Day, not a lot to smile about ( NO_PO)

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

Today is National Smile Day, not a lot to smile about ( NO_PO)

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue May 31, 2022 10:31 am

My paycheck is late, and I am not sure I have enough gas to get to and from work. I was so exhausted yesterday for some reason I slept from 9 PM till quarter to 6 this morning, without waking up once, which is really unusual...lol...however here is an inspiring piece from one of the writers on The Bulwark about Memorial Day and patriotism that is pretty awesome. ( he is a liberal former military and professor at a major college I think, can't remember which one. Hope you all have some smiles today

https://plus.thebulwark.com/p/memorial- ... medium=web

Tarmaque

Re: Today is National Smile Day, not a lot to smile about ( NO_PO)

Post by Tarmaque » Tue May 31, 2022 3:41 pm

My feet have been hurting me a lot lately (my toes and the balls of my feet) and i just jumped out of my truck and missed the grab rail. Landed right on the balls of my feet without any support! Scream? I may have done so! No damage, but it feels like someone hit them with a baseball bat.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue May 31, 2022 3:44 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 3:41 pm
My feet have been hurting me a lot lately (my toes and the balls of my feet) and i just jumped out of my truck and missed the grab rail. Landed right on the balls of my feet without any support! Scream? I may have done so! No damage, but it feels like someone hit them with a baseball bat.
Awww .I'm sorry Tarm, can't someone tell you something to use or do to make it hurt less?

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Tue May 31, 2022 3:46 pm

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 3:44 pm
Awww .I'm sorry Tarm, can't someone tell you something to use or do to make it hurt less?
Not so much. I've had plenty of conversations with my doctor about it and I'm on some medication that helps but doesn't solve the problem. It sucks.