Free For All Friday NO PO Open Thread

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

Free For All Friday NO PO Open Thread

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:46 am

I am running out of ideas and think Friday will be "a free for all" every week if no one minds. What is on your mind? Have a great Friday!
download.jpg
download.jpg (12.29 KiB) Viewed 954 times
download (1).jpg
download (1).jpg (13.74 KiB) Viewed 954 times
download (2).jpg
download (2).jpg (13.37 KiB) Viewed 954 times

Tarmaque

Re: Free For All Friday NO PO Open Thread

Post by Tarmaque » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:07 am

Man, would I like to go through a whole week without pain in my feet. Ever since my unfortunate leap out of the truck my feet have been bad, but yesterday I was out helping fix tires on trucks (hence on my feet all day) and then running around with a urine sample for my Mom and getting meds for her UTI. Today I can barely walk, and I just had to go grocery shopping. I felt like a little old crippled up man staggering around the store! I was wishing, for the first time in my life, that I had a cane with me.

Yeah, it was that bad.

I'm gonna try some boots tomorrow instead of my normal work shoes. Maybe the extra support will help. Looks like I'm working Friday through Monday, which pisses me off too.
Hidden text.
Remember what I said about complainers Guide?

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:14 am

Tarmaque wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:07 am
Man, would I like to go through a whole week without pain in my feet. Ever since my unfortunate leap out of the truck my feet have been bad, but yesterday I was out helping fix tires on trucks (hence on my feet all day) and then running around with a urine sample for my Mom and getting meds for her UTI. Today I can barely walk, and I just had to go grocery shopping. I felt like a little old crippled up man staggering around the store! I was wishing, for the first time in my life, that I had a cane with me.

Yeah, it was that bad.

I'm gonna try some boots tomorrow instead of my normal work shoes. Maybe the extra support will help. Looks like I'm working Friday through Monday, which pisses me off too.
Hidden text.
Remember what I said about complainers Guide?
I just can't believe they can't give you something to do or take to help, maybe like special shoes even? You can't be the only person to have this problem?

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:29 am

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:14 am
I just can't believe they can't give you something to do or take to help, maybe like special shoes even? You can't be the only person to have this problem?
Shoes are a problem. I have SUPER wide feet. I have a bunch of pairs, but none of them are comfortable anymore. I may be searching for some possible solutions soon, but in the short term I'm hurting.

I will be having a long conversation with my Doctor about this in a few weeks, but I suspect he'll nod and shake his head and say there isn't much they can do for diabetes related peripheral neuropathy. Just like before.

At least I haven't been having too much trouble sleeping.

Randi

Post by Randi » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:39 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:29 am
Z is for Zangie wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:14 am
Shoes are a problem. I have SUPER wide feet. I have a bunch of pairs, but none of them are comfortable anymore. I may be searching for some possible solutions soon, but in the short term I'm hurting.

I will be having a long conversation with my Doctor about this in a few weeks, but I suspect he'll nod and shake his head and say there isn't much they can do for diabetes related peripheral neuropathy. Just like before.

At least I haven't been having too much trouble sleeping.
I’m sorry to hear you are having trouble with your feet. It is said that when your feet hurt, you hurt all over

Have you tried gabapentin? It’s for diabetic nerve pain.
I use Hemp oil on my achy parts but I realize that you may not be able to do that because of your drivers license

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:40 pm

Randi wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:39 pm
Have you tried gabapentin? It’s for diabetic nerve pain.
I tried Gabapentin, but it didn't do much. Doctor Ford then switched me to Pregabalin (similar drug) and it helps but doesn't solve the problem.

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:31 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:07 am
Ever since my unfortunate leap out of the truck
That is why my leaping from truck days are behind me!

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:34 pm

I will probably be gone for the next couple weeks. We leave for Washington next Thursday. My niece is graduating and we are going to head up to Seattle after and do some kid stuff. Anyway just a heads up to everyone.

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:51 pm

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:31 pm
That is why my leaping from truck days are behind me!
I didn't do it on purpose. I swung out of the truck thinking I had grabbed the grab rail and missed. Luckily I didn't land on my ass, but unluckily I did land on my feet.

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:58 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:51 pm
I didn't do it on purpose. I swung out of the truck thinking I had grabbed the grab rail and missed. Luckily I didn't land on my ass, but unluckily I did land on my feet.
I've never done that today...