Sunday PO- I am going to try, again to stay away from politics for a day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

Sunday PO- I am going to try, again to stay away from politics for a day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:46 am

Have a great one!
legowall.jpg
kmart.jpg

Slip Shod

Re: Sunday PO- I am going to try, again to stay away from politics for a day

Post by Slip Shod » Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:54 am

Coming soon we'll be plugged in to the internet of everything

Speaking in Davos at the World Economic Forum’s annual meeting, Nokia CEO and WEF agenda contributor Pekka Lundmark said that smartphone tech will be incorporated into human bodies by 2030.

When asked about it, Lundmark said, “First of all, it will definitely happen. I was talking about 6G earlier, which [will happen] around 2030. I would say that by then, definitely, the smartphone as we know it today will not be the most common interface.”
Lundmark didn’t specify how this technology would be incorporated into the human body. Still, the most obvious means of replacing some smartphone technology with body augmentations is microchipping humans so they can tap their wrists and hands rather than scanning censors or QR codes with a smartphone
~ how convenient

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:51 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:54 am
Still, the most obvious means of replacing some smartphone technology with body augmentations is microchipping humans
I wish they'd spend more time developing an artificial pancreas to treat this damn diabetes.

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:55 pm

Shoddy, think of it this way. Humans have always wanted telepathic power, and the concept just seemed so outlandish that it would hav to have been magic or miraculous.

But just like all such things, the reality is contained in the Arthur Clarke aphorism any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
The catch is that we might not, after all, wish to truly know what our fellow humans are really thinking.