Friday NO PO-today is National Flip Flop Day ( lots today, also wear blue and eat your veggies)

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

Friday NO PO-today is National Flip Flop Day ( lots today, also wear blue and eat your veggies)

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:00 am

Where is everyone? No one is posting except our new spam bot...lol...I love flip-flops, the rubber beachwear ones, the leather more sandal-like ones, I even have slippers that are flip-flops. My boss hates them, then he also has an aversion to feet...lol...( so does my roomie). They are comfy, easy to put on and take off
colorflipflops.jpg
colorflipflops.jpg (12.55 KiB) Viewed 1579 times
wackyflipflops.jpg
wackyflipflops.jpg (14.29 KiB) Viewed 1579 times
leatherflipflops.jpg
leatherflipflops.jpg (9.05 KiB) Viewed 1579 times

Tarmaque

Re: Friday PO-today is National Flip Flop Day ( lots today, also wear blue and eat your veggies)

Post by Tarmaque » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:03 am

I hate flip-flops. Always have. They have their place I guess, but not on my feets.

Of course these days my feet hurt so much I couldn't wear them if I wanted to. I need support, and protection. If I even bump my toes it's agony.

That said, when I was a massage therapist I hated people that habitually wore flip-flops. They had without exception the nastiest feet. Dirty and smelly, and usually dry. The best feet were on nurses, because they always wear really good shoes with socks.

Z is for Zangie

Re: Friday PO-today is National Flip Flop Day ( lots today, also wear blue and eat your veggies)

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:00 am

Tarmaque wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:03 am
I hate flip-flops. Always have. They have their place I guess, but not on my feets.

Of course these days my feet hurt so much I couldn't wear them if I wanted to. I need support, and protection. If I even bump my toes it's agony.

That said, when I was a massage therapist I hated people that habitually wore flip-flops. They had without exception the nastiest feet. Dirty and smelly, and usually dry. The best feet were on nurses, because they always wear really good shoes with socks.
Well, I don't wear them all the time or anywhere, and my feet are not any of those things..but, then I also obsess about them not being...lol

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:09 am

_67748902_164639646.jpg
_67748902_164639646.jpg (12.31 KiB) Viewed 1563 times
~
The boss might be self-conscious figuring his feet just don't measure up, thinking he has ugly feet.
Feet can be beautiful & there are people with beautiful feet unfortunately not all of us have them, but so what, enjoy what you got and be thankful you got them.
I just watched a video on YouTube of a girl with no arms proudly making and eating a sandwich with her feet. She was fine, well adjusted and happy with who she was, having fun making a YouTube video. That's a hard deal to live with in life, but she was handling it great

Z is for Zangie

Re: Friday NO PO-today is National Flip Flop Day ( lots today, also wear blue and eat your veggies)

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:15 pm

@Tarmaque @Slip Shod

Guys , I made a mistake in the title, this is the NO PO, sorry, but, also flips flops should have given it away...lol..can you please move your political posts to the PO? Thanks

Tarmaque

Re: Friday NO PO-today is National Flip Flop Day ( lots today, also wear blue and eat your veggies)

Post by Tarmaque » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:17 pm

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:15 pm
Guys , I made a mistake in the title, this is the NO PO, sorry, but, also flips flops should have given it away...lol..can you please move your political posts to the PO? Thanks
Sorry Z, I didn't even notice. Not sure how to move them though.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:18 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:09 am
_67748902_164639646.jpg
~
The boss might be self-conscious figuring his feet just don't measure up, thinking he has ugly feet.
Feet can be beautiful & there are people with beautiful feet unfortunately not all of us have them, but so what, enjoy what you got and be thankful you got them.
I just watched a video on YouTube of a girl with no arms proudly making and eating a sandwich with her feet. She was fine, well adjusted and happy with who she was, having fun making a YouTube video. That's a hard deal to live with in life, but she was handling it great
Honestly, personally I don't think anyone's feet are attractive, just like elbows and knees...they are unattractive on everyone...but, that doesn't keep me from flip flops...lol

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:28 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:17 pm
Z is for Zangie wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:15 pm
Sorry Z, I didn't even notice. Not sure how to move them though.
Never mind, turns out I can move them, working on it now

Senor Natural

Post by Senor Natural » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:06 pm

I have a pair of flip flops with thick soles, very comfortable. I only wear them mornings when I go out to pick up the paper, release and feed the chickens, feed the cats, and, on Wednesdays to put out the trash can and Thursdays to bring it back in.
I think I got them at Academy, on sale.

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:29 pm

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:18 pm
Honestly, personally I don't think anyone's feet are attractive,
I would say my Ex had "pretty feet." Or attractive feet as far as feet go. They were small and regularly shaped, without any particular pathology. She kept them clean and put lotion on them when she got out of the shower. However I'm no fetishist on that front, and they didn't particularly interest me.

People can be weird about feet. I don't understand it. And sexualize shoes. Wut?

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:30 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:29 pm
Z is for Zangie wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:18 pm
Honestly, personally I don't think anyone's feet are attractive,
I would say my Ex had "pretty feet." Or attractive feet as far as feet go. They were small and regularly shaped, without any particular pathology. She kept them clean and put lotion on them when she got out of the shower. However I'm no fetishist on that front, and they didn't particularly interest me.

People can be weird about feet. I don't understand it. And sexualize shoes. Wut?
When I was doing the online dating thing, I was surprised how many men have a foot fetish, along with extra weird things attached, like the guy who wanted a woman to walk on him in high heels? Sheesh, and plus-sized women at that...that has to be really painful...lol

Mike

Post by Mike » Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:45 am

No flip-flops here. Never liked ‘em. Same with slippers.

I much prefer barefoot.

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:46 am

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:30 pm
When I was doing the online dating thing, I was surprised how many men have a foot fetish, along with extra weird things attached, like the guy who wanted a woman to walk on him in high heels? Sheesh, and plus-sized women at that...that has to be really painful...lol
"People are weird" is an understatement.

Mike

Post by Mike » Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:16 am

It’s amusing to see two people who claim to not find anything appealing about feet…. having a lengthy conversation about the sexuality of feet. So let me chime in!

Nope, I see nothing amusing or appealing about feet. No, ma’am. Nope. When one pretty woman is sucking my toes, and her girlfriend is stroking my ____ with her bare foot? Nope, nothing. Can take it or leave it. When the gal sitting across from me on the train, wearing the miniskirt and strapless heels, starts wiggling her raised foot in my direction and smiling? Nope, I can’t believe people get into this stuff. Buncha damn preeverts, that’s what they all are

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:02 pm

Mike wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:16 am
It’s amusing to see two people who claim to not find anything appealing about feet…. having a lengthy conversation about the sexuality of feet. So let me chime in!

Nope, I see nothing amusing or appealing about feet. No, ma’am. Nope. When one pretty woman is sucking my toes, and her girlfriend is stroking my ____ with her bare foot? Nope, nothing. Can take it or leave it. When the gal sitting across from me on the train, wearing the miniskirt and strapless heels, starts wiggling her raised foot in my direction and smiling? Nope, I can’t believe people get into this stuff. Buncha damn preeverts, that’s what they all are
You know what Mike, I never said it was perverted or bad, I said it was not to my taste or understanding, which I believe is a reasonable and non-judgmental belief...I don't care what other people do in their own bedrooms etc, as long as it isn't pedophilia or something really immoral and perverse, they are free to do what they want...yet, they are not so good at letting me be free to like or not like what I do....I am far from a prude and you might be surprised, but, most people have their limits of what attracts them, do whatever you want, just don't insist I have to agree to your visions.

Or think I am bad for not getting into the same stuff you do, I do have some limits and any kind of sexual behavior that doesn't please me I am not going to do...seems reasonable to me.

Mike

Post by Mike » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:18 pm

(pssst…. that was a less-than-stern post on my part….)

Senor Natural

Post by Senor Natural » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:09 pm

Mike wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:16 am

hahahaha

Senor Natural

Post by Senor Natural » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:10 pm

Some feet are really nice, others really bad, most are neither . . .

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:31 pm

Mike wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:18 pm
(pssst…. that was a less-than-stern post on my part….)
Ok, I saw the sarcasm, just thought it was a rebuke...so, my bad
Also, in my defense I am a bit annoyed about some political stuff that is getting on my nerves and may have overreacted.

;)

Mike

Post by Mike » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:47 pm

Somewhat on topic, enjoy