Saturday PO- have a question about one of the cartoons

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

Saturday PO- have a question about one of the cartoons

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:35 am

Have a great day!
inflation.jpg
french.jpg
As long as I am remembering my French correctly, this says in the first bubble:

The GOP says that the high prices (I assume for gas) are the fault of Biden
The second bubble is "Let's go Brandon"
But,why in France and why are they fighting with each other? Did I miss something?

Slip Shod

Re: Saturday PO- have a question about one of the cartoons

Post by Slip Shod » Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:52 am

I wouldn't know, I don't have an answer to your question other than they're French, a queer lot from time and memorial, hard to understand.
~
And yesterday Mike relished the opportunity of quoting former judge J Michael Luttig . I do have a response and rebuttal if Mike would take the time to Google :
The Election Ignorance of Judge j Michael Lattig.
I won't take lengthy space here in posting. I believe it to be interesting & eye opening - so have at it Mike and anyone else who's saying they have an open mind

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:37 pm

*& firearms are Hot topic both here and in Canada - in Canada Thoreau went on record saying no one has a right to use a firearm to defend themselves.
Here's a brief clip of regular folks, their story and what happened to them - victims of violence in their own home.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:54 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:52 am
I wouldn't know, I don't have an answer to your question other than they're French, a queer lot from time and memorial, hard to understand.
~
And yesterday Mike relished the opportunity of quoting former judge J Michael Luttig . I do have a response and rebuttal if Mike would take the time to Google :
The Election Ignorance of Judge j Michael Lattig.
I won't take lengthy space here in posting. I believe it to be interesting & eye opening - so have at it Mike and anyone else who's saying they have an open mind
The American Spectator - are you serious?
They are biased to the extreme right and like to trash the left, they are not fair or center( right) in any way...they were a tabloid, changed for a bit, and are back to a tabloid...they are muckrakers and do not have any serious writers
Media Bias Fact check also rates them mixed as to using facts as opposed to opinion and rhetoric..they are not a serious source Slip, why do you refuse to look at reliable and serious ones, even right-leaning ones, they exist...and Media Bias Fact check is totally non-partisan on either side and also use regular people's opinions of how the ey lean plus research, they are a serious source.
I read the piece, it is full of speculation, non-facts, and sensationalism...it is not serious journalism...sigh...
Please find some serious stuff that is reported across many sources that are before you believe their hype.
Why do you insist on only believing the conspiracy, grifting and marginal sides of the right?

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:58 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:37 pm
*& firearms are Hot topic both here and in Canada - in Canada Thoreau went on record saying no one has a right to use a firearm to defend themselves.
Here's a brief clip of regular folks, their story and what happened to them - victims of violence in their own home.

No one here or anyone I know is against personal use for protection or hunting... NO ONE....please stop inferring we all do and are somehow evil...thanks
Canada doesn't have a second amendment and doesn't have to follow our rules, they can do as they please, ad want the majority of their people want...as far as I know the US is the laxest/liberal about guns of all the first world countries and we have the most deaths due to firearms ( of all kinds, especially suicides) and the most mass shootings, which is a shame as we are supposed to be a world leader.

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:21 pm

Z, the gun piece I posted, there wasn't anything in there referring to anyone. You may have been just a little bit quick to pull the trigger on that one.
The American Spectator / I do not subscribe and actually just came across the article in passing. I cruise through all kinds of things.
~ we finally got a bit of cooling off down here in Tennessee I hope it's pleasant in Ohio today. We needed a break
Shootings and gun deaths, mass shootings - we can agree this is not normal behavior. It's sad how mentally and emotionally challenged people in this country are mosty left to themselves on the streets needing help and it doesn't seem to be there for them, it's a shame the way we treat them.

Senor Natural

Post by Senor Natural » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:31 pm

Most folks in Europe use diesel for their vehicles, not gasoline. Granted the prices of diesel are higher, too.
Most of Europe are very aware of the problem that is occurring in their neighborhood, Russian invasion of Ukraine as being the cause of the fuel problems.
Only republicans think the problem was caused by Biden, and most republicans blame all problems on democrats, never themselves, bunch of unpatriotic seditionists that they are . . .
We need a break for killings by firearms in this country permanently, not just for a little while.
Find out how tough you really are, if you want to kill someone, and go do it with your bare hands.
Go into a school or a church or a market or a concert or a political gathering or just anywhere and start killing people with your bare hands.
If you aren't brave enough, get your gun and claim your rights under the second amendment to be the coward that you are.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:36 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:21 pm
Z, the gun piece I posted, there wasn't anything in there referring to anyone. You may have been just a little bit quick to pull the trigger on that one.
The American Spectator / I do not subscribe and actually just came across the article in passing. I cruise through all kinds of things.
~ we finally got a bit of cooling off down here in Tennessee I hope it's pleasant in Ohio today. We needed a break
Shootings and gun deaths, mass shootings - we can agree this is not normal behavior. It's sad how mentally and emotionally challenged people in this country are mosty left to themselves on the streets needing help and it doesn't seem to be there for them, it's a shame the way we treat them.
Sorry, I am a bit stressed about personal, work and political things and my emotions may be on the surface.
Yes, it is much cooler today, thank goodness, Rick is out of town since Thursday night and I am here by myself and probably thinking too much a bit bored.
Yes, to your last paragraph
( Though I was responding to what you said Trudeau said...as someone who has survived rape, an armed robbery, and a home burglary without a weapon, I am not a big fan of needing firearms to survive, which is the point...I am very pacifist and against killing in almost all circumstances and think killing someone shouldn't be the first option....)

I am having a horrible couple of weeks and it is wearing on me...so, I apologize if I jumped the gun

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:51 pm

@ Zangie , the best thing since sliced bread
At times I may be seen as being provocative, it's not my intention to be, but I like to stir the pot up a little bit.
We got to get you feeling better. I'm going to burn some candles and go sit in the closet just thinking about you for a couple hours.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:24 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:51 pm
@ Zangie , the best thing since sliced bread
At times I may be seen as being provocative, it's not my intention to be, but I like to stir the pot up a little bit.
We got to get you feeling better. I'm going to burn some candles and go sit in the closet just thinking about you for a couple hours.
While I appreciate the concern, let's not go to extremes...lol