Happy Juneteenth Day! ( PO)

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

Happy Juneteenth Day! ( PO)

Post by Z is for Zangie » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:30 am

Have a jolly and joyous Day!
Almost-Juneteenth-Meme.jpg
Almost-Juneteenth-Meme.jpg (50.85 KiB) Viewed 553 times

Mike

Re: Happy Juneteenth Day! ( PO)

Post by Mike » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:23 pm

Happy Juneteenth.

No surprise, out on 4chan and other hard-right sites they have issues with the existence of this holiday. More stupidly, Tucker Carlson - who has argued that Jan.6 was a nothingburger, and for the exoneration of the insurrectionists - wants the Colbert production team to be charged with treasonous insurrection.
F60F6DE3-E276-49AA-96B2-207960C54208.jpeg

Mike

Re: Happy Juneteenth Day! ( PO)

Post by Mike » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:20 pm

Gotta post gain. You see, the Texas GOP has approved a resolution declaring Biden’s Presidency to be illegitimate. They have not been able to produce anything that stands as valid proof of this in any court of law. But they are nonetheless rolling with this.

“We must stop being the stupid party” - GOP Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal, addressing the Republican National Committee in January 2013
My my, the GOP in 2013 had not even begun to plumb the depths of its collective stupidity.

And to any who claim I’ve been generalizing too much, I implore you: look around. In the face of hearings that are showing just how corrupt was the trump effort to overturn the election, we now have the entire party of the second-largest state in the nation committing, as its party platform, to quadrupling down on trump’s lies about the election. The party, being led by its voting base, is completely unhinged.