(NO PO) Today is both Take Back the Lunch Break and Take your Dog to Work Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

(NO PO) Today is both Take Back the Lunch Break and Take your Dog to Work Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:06 am

Taking a lunch is good for you and your work product and many people now skip lunch or their employers don't pay them for it, or make it short, or schedule them more hours ( 8.5) to fit in the lunch. In my new job, there is no real-time frame and my boss kinda eats ( grazes) all day...lol...though he is stuck on noon and I prefer later. My ex-boss used to bring his dog to work sometimes, it was a big pretty hyper dog, so I tried to stay away because I hate being jumped on by dogs...he was a pretty dog though. Any work-related things you always liked/wanted/ prefer?/color]
takebackthe lunch break.jpg
takebackthe lunch break.jpg (9.94 KiB) Viewed 590 times
dogcomputer.jpg
dogcomputer.jpg (10.85 KiB) Viewed 590 times
notworking.jpg
notworking.jpg (10.67 KiB) Viewed 590 times
take-dog-to-work-day-1200x927.jpg

Senor Natural

Re: (NO PO) Today is both Take Back the Lunch Break and Take your Dog to Work Day

Post by Senor Natural » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:50 pm

Personally, I find it offensive to bring your dog into places of business unless it is a seeing eye dog, especially I grocery stores.

Tarmaque

Re: (NO PO) Today is both Take Back the Lunch Break and Take your Dog to Work Day

Post by Tarmaque » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:47 pm

Senor Natural wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:50 pm
Personally, I find it offensive to bring your dog into places of business unless it is a seeing eye dog, especially I grocery stores.
I agree. I don't like dogs in general, although I was raised with dogs around the place. The vast majority of dogs are ill behaved and act like an incredibly spoiled child. Not to mention the smell of a clean dog offends me, while a dog with a couple day's stink on them turns my stomach. Unless there's a reason for it to be there (an actual service animal, not the mythical "emotional support animal") leave the stinking beast at home. It's not like everyone in the world wants to be around it.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:31 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:47 pm
Senor Natural wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:50 pm
I agree. I don't like dogs in general, although I was raised with dogs around the place. The vast majority of dogs are ill behaved and act like an incredibly spoiled child. Not to mention the smell of a clean dog offends me, while a dog with a couple day's stink on them turns my stomach. Unless there's a reason for it to be there (an actual service animal, not the mythical "emotional support animal") leave the stinking beast at home. It's not like everyone in the world wants to be around it.
Yeah, I was thinking more like in an office like ours, where the clients didn't have any interaction with the dog