(NO PO) Today is National Summersgiving (never heard of it) and national Catfish day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

(NO PO) Today is National Summersgiving (never heard of it) and national Catfish day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:50 am

This is Summersgiving: The Saturday after the Summer Solstice, gather your friends and family to celebrate Summersgiving! This day is designed to combine all the fun of summer with America’s favorite Thanksgiving food. It’s a celebration of life, rooted in gratitude, to be shared with the friends and food that make life fun. huh. I have never eaten catfish, so can't opine on that, but, looking for pix to go along with this, I didn't know they were freshwater large catfish, nor that there are some types that grow REALLY REALLY BIG...like HUGE...and they are uglier and seem to have more teeth...lol..When I was growing up we had an aquarium, we had a spotted catfish and he was my favorite, so cute...he just disappeared one day, wasn't sure if the cat somehow got him ( our little eel which I also loved also disappeared at one point), or some of the more aggressive fish ate him or what, I was upset about both,they were so cool.
poster,504x498,f8f8f8-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg
poster,504x498,f8f8f8-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg (48.29 KiB) Viewed 475 times
catfish.jpg
catfish.jpg (9.83 KiB) Viewed 475 times
omg.jpg
omg.jpg (9.6 KiB) Viewed 475 times
spotted catfish.jpg
spotted catfish.jpg (7.88 KiB) Viewed 475 times

Senor Natural

Re: (NO PO) Today is National Summersgiving (never heard of it) and national Catfish day

Post by Senor Natural » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:22 pm

I stocked one pond with blue catfish, feed them twice a week, filled pond with forage fish for them.
We'll see what we get about next April, should have fish fry sized catfish by then.

Tarmaque

Re: (NO PO) Today is National Summersgiving (never heard of it) and national Catfish day

Post by Tarmaque » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:17 pm

I'm finally feeling better. Not normal, not healthy, but considerably better than yesterday. The sore throat is all but gone, but I still have crud running out my nose and collecting in my larynx. I had a conversation on the phone wit my Mom and I'm still notably hoarse and gurgly. I couldn't sleep last night, so I stopped tossing and turning around 1:30 and got up and took a shower. Then I took some Tylenol PM and got back in bed about 2:30. Went right to sleep and slept straight through until 9:30. That felt SO good!

Unfortunately it's hot. 91° right now and supposed to be 99° tomorrow. Too hot for me! A little cooler on Monday, then considerably cooler on Tuesday. 75°ish. I'm looking forward to it.