The National Days today are either dumb or not apropos of the NO PO

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

The National Days today are either dumb or not apropos of the NO PO

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:54 am

LOL...It happens. So, I am at a loss for a topic. We can to an Ask Angie and you can just be funny or serious for today. Sorry I have nothing better.
download.png
download.png (16.98 KiB) Viewed 940 times

GuideToACrazyWorld

Re: The National Days today are either dumb or not apropos of the NO PO

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:16 pm

This song is fun on it's own but it's even better when you find out that someone once sent the "Noise-Maker" verse to the real dear Abby and she answered it in her article. Obviously, she suggested seeing a doctor and was flooded with letters from Prine fans informing he she'd been pranked. One of the great pranks of all-time. Right up there with the "taco-liberty bell"

Sorry I've been away longer then expected. We came back from vacation with covid. This time I actually had symptoms, add to that the fact that my 4 year old was only sick for about 10 seconds and my wife had a really rough time, I just didn't have the energy.

Zangie,

I think I got all the spammers and changed our Captcha again. Should by us a few months.

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:16 pm

This song is fun on it's own but it's even better when you find out that someone once sent the "Noise-Maker" verse to the real dear Abby and she answered it in her article. Obviously, she suggested seeing a doctor and was flooded with letters from Prine fans informing he she'd been pranked. One of the great pranks of all-time. Right up there with the "taco-liberty bell"

Sorry I've been away longer then expected. We came back from vacation with covid. This time I actually had symptoms, add to that the fact that my 4 year old was only sick for about 10 seconds and my wife had a really rough time, I just didn't have the energy.

Zangie,

I think I got all the spammers and changed our Captcha again. Should by us a few months.

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:16 pm

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:16 pm
We came back from vacation with covid. This time I actually had symptoms, add to that the fact that my 4 year old was only sick for about 10 seconds and my wife had a really rough time, I just didn't have the energy.
I had a fairly tough time of it too. It's gone now, but I'm still fighting the tired and a residual cough.

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:39 pm

1655997937324.gif
1655997937324.gif (698.94 KiB) Viewed 929 times
The real Elvis up above. I went and took in the new Elvis movie that's just come out and I got to say it's much better than I thought it would be; it's a great movie.
Tom Hanks played "the Colonel', Elvis Presley's manager. I didn't realize that the Colonel was in to Elvis for half of everything he made. If you get a chance I think it'd be a good movie to take in
~
You do a great job Z. I don't want to rock the boat anymore in the PO.
Don't want to upset you with all the crap that's going on nowadays in the political world with posting something that may just do that.
1655997937324.gif
1655997937324.gif (698.94 KiB) Viewed 929 times
For the rest of the year politics is not in my vocabulary
Attachments
mickey-flower.png

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:44 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:16 pm
I had a fairly tough time of it too. It's gone now, but I'm still fighting the tired and a residual cough.
I have a small lingering cough too.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:20 am

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:16 pm

Zangie,

I missed you so much...lol...( for reasons other than them, but, boy were they a PITA...lol...), and persistent....I am sorry you guys got sick, I understand. Hope you are all much better now.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:21 am

Slip Shod wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:39 pm
1655997937324.gif
The real Elvis up above. I went and took in the new Elvis movie that's just come out and I got to say it's much better than I thought it would be it's a great movie.
Tom Hanks played "the Colonel', Elvis Presley's manager. I didn't realize that the Colonel was in to Elvis for half of everything he made. If you get a chance I think it'd be a good movie to take in
~
You do a great job Z. I don't want to rock the boat anymore in the PO.
Don't want to upset you with all the crap that's going on nowadays in the political world with posting something that may just do that.
1655997937324.gif
For the rest of the year politics is not in my vocabulary
Thanks Slip, very much

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:59 am

Slip Shod wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:39 pm
I hear good things about that movie. If you ever get a chance, check out John Carpenter's (Yes "that" John Carpenter) 1979 biopic Elvis, starring Kurt Russel of all people. It's actually really good. A TV movie that's actually quite long at 2.5 hours. Pat Hingle, who you will recognize if you see it, does an excellent job of portraying Colonel Tom Parker. That was genius casting. Kurt actually does a pretty good job as Elvis and it may be his finest dramatic performance. The rest of the cast are mostly TV actors from the 70's.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079103/