(NO PO) Today we have "say something nice", "olives" and "penpal" day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

(NO PO) Today we have "say something nice", "olives" and "penpal" day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:31 am

It is always good to say something nice, but, these days imperative...lol...I try to every day...I love olives, oddly, I used to prefer the Black, now I love the green ones more...I miss pen-pals, when I was younger I was pen pals with my best friend from another city we moved from, someone from France and some from Germany, and a guy in prison...I really enjoyed doing that.
saysomething nice day.jpg
saysomething nice day.jpg (16.69 KiB) Viewed 712 times
green olives.jpg
green olives.jpg (7.74 KiB) Viewed 712 times
nationalpenpalday.jpg
nationalpenpalday.jpg (9.86 KiB) Viewed 712 times

Slip Shod

Re: (NO PO) Today we have "say something nice", "olives" and "penpal" day

Post by Slip Shod » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:09 am

Black olives, green olives - 10 /15 at a time, that's me. But stuffed olives, that's where it's really at. Kroger's has a Mezzetta brand; they have a blue cheese stuffed olive, but I enjoy the feta cheese & garlic stuffed the best - $6 and change and I have to have them so I'll buy one of each, feta and garlic stuffed. When I get into them back home all is well for a few minutes - everybody loves everybody & there's world Peace
~
And I'm imagining people through history being pen pals such as Al Capone and Mahatma Gandhi being pen pals.. big Al inviting him to Chicago - or maybe Joan of Arc and Larry Flint writing each other. That would be interesting ✔️ doing a centerfold layout in the French countryside with a beautiful white stallion and glistening sword

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:38 pm

Black olives all the way. Love them. Can't stand the green ones.

...although the idea of a feta stuffed olive is intriguing.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:30 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:09 am
Black olives, green olives - 10 /15 at a time, that's me. But stuffed olives, that's where it's really at. Kroger's has a Mezzetta brand; they have a blue cheese stuffed olive, but I enjoy the feta cheese & garlic stuffed the best - $6 and change and I have to have them so I'll buy one of each, feta and garlic stuffed. When I get into them back home all is well for a few minutes - everybody loves everybody & there's world Peace
~
And I'm imagining people through history being pen pals such as Al Capone and Mahatma Gandhi being pen pals.. big Al inviting him to Chicago - or maybe Joan of Arc and Larry Flint writing each other. That would be interesting ✔️ doing a centerfold layout in the French countryside with a beautiful white stallion and glistening sword
I have never had a stuffed one, the garlic stuffed sounds good, not a fan of feta
My dad used to bring home from a Cleveland deli these jars of gourmet olives, those were yummy...bigger and colored a little differently

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:46 pm

Yes Ms Z, the large olives stuffed with garlic are good. You have to look around next time you're out shopping. There's a couple companies that make them but I suggest Marzzetta's seem to be the best that I've found in the stores