(NO PO) Today we have National: Workaholics Day, Apple Turnover Day, Graham Cracker Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

(NO PO) Today we have National: Workaholics Day, Apple Turnover Day, Graham Cracker Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:02 am

I have spent almost these entire 4 days fighting a stomach bug or food poisoning, sigh...I swear I have a black cloud following me...lol...Not a fan of workaholics, really bad for you emotionally, physically, and mentally, not to mention it makes you neglect your family/SO, etc...it is better to take breaks. And you actually perform better in your job. This is a problem with my boss I am trying to convince him to stop...lol...I love turnovers generally, apple ones are good, cherry ones even better, and Arby's where I don't care for most of their food, has awesome turnovers. Graham Crackers are ok, I will eat them, though in S'Mores they are required. They are also good in cracker crumb crust for pies and other pastries.
workaholics.jpg
workaholics.jpg (10.89 KiB) Viewed 875 times
apple turnover.jpg
apple turnover.jpg (12.81 KiB) Viewed 875 times
grahamcrackers.com.jpg
grahamcrackers.com.jpg (9.21 KiB) Viewed 875 times

Tarmaque

Re: (NO PO) Today we have National: Workaholics Day, Apple Turnover Day, Graham Cracker Day

Post by Tarmaque » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:03 pm

I've been kittensitting all weekend.
parrot.jpeg
parrot.jpeg (44.48 KiB) Viewed 863 times
Sometimes she thinks she's a parrot.

Slip Shod

Re: (NO PO) Today we have National: Workaholics Day, Apple Turnover Day, Graham Cracker Day

Post by Slip Shod » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:47 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:03 pm

parrot.jpeg

Good looking little kitty. They all have a personality

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:22 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:03 pm

parrot.jpeg

AWWW...HOW CUTE

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:46 pm

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:22 pm
AWWW...HOW CUTE
UGGH! Not cute right now! She just used the litter box and the stink is unbelievable. Who'd guess that a kitten that small could let out a stink that big!

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:17 am

Tarmaque wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:46 pm
Z is for Zangie wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:22 pm
AWWW...HOW CUTE
UGGH! Not cute right now! She just used the litter box and the stink is unbelievable. Who'd guess that a kitten that small could let out a stink that big!
I have an enclosed litter box and use expensive pellets and even with two cats I never smell anything...though, I know you are kitten-sitting and can't do anything about that...lol

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:34 am

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:17 am
I have an enclosed litter box and use expensive pellets and even with two cats I never smell anything...though, I know you are kitten-sitting and can't do anything about that...lol
Small apartment. The litter box is in my bathroom under the sink, but it's kinda close to my desk. The litter my neighbor got seems to work really well, and it's flushable so I just sift the little turds and put them right in the toilet. To be fair, the stink didn't last long. That litter is pretty good about sucking the moisture out of the jobbies which brings down the smell fairly quickly.

But she sure is sweet most of the time. Except when she climbed up on my shoulder and farted. 🤮

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:36 am

Tarmaque wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:34 am
Z is for Zangie wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:17 am
Small apartment. The litter box is in my bathroom under the sink, but it's kinda close to my desk. The litter my neighbor got seems to work really well, and it's flushable so I just sift the little turds and put them right in the toilet. To be fair, the stink didn't last long. That litter is pretty good about sucking the moisture out of the jobbies which brings down the smell fairly quickly.

But she sure is sweet most of the time. Except when she climbed up on my shoulder and farted. 🤮
Ha, must be her diet?

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:37 am

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:36 am
Ha, must be her diet?
I suspect it's the food she bought. I gave her a little tiny piece of roast turkey (about the size of my thumbnail) and my neighbor blames the stink on me!