(Friday PO) Biden attacks Trump, saying his wing of the Republican party is a threat to democracy

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Senor Natural

Re: (Friday PO) Biden attacks Trump, saying his wing of the Republican party is a threat to democracy

Post by Senor Natural » Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:38 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:49 am
GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:34 am
While he was in office the man regular used classified documents the way I used to use the Xmen 1 that my uncle gave me as a kid. I out grew it, and no harm could come from flaunting a comic book.

My brother later shredded it because he was made at me.
Back in the 60's my Grandfather was a Ford dealer. One of the premiums he got back in 1964 was a FoMoCo branded in a blue and white box, plastic toy Mustang that ran on batteries. Do you know what that is worth to a collector these days? It was immaculate, in its original box, and it lived on a shelf in his closet.

Until the late 80's when one Christmas he decided to give it to his grandkids to play with. They younger ones beat it all to hell, and threw the original box away (including the card you could send in for a real gas motor for it!

I could have killed him.
Go buy a Mustang if you want one. Buy an electric one.
Why would anyone want a plastic Mustang?
Who would he have left it to had he inherited it to someone? You? Why not to other grandkids?
Did you want it to sell it? Would you have shared the proceeds with the others?
You can probably buy one now, if you truly want one.

Tarmaque

Re: (Friday PO) Biden attacks Trump, saying his wing of the Republican party is a threat to democracy

Post by Tarmaque » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:38 pm

Senor Natural wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:38 pm
You can probably buy one now, if you truly want one.
They're pretty rare and I could buy one if I wanted, but that one was his. It was this one. They were only available through Ford dealers, although the company made other stuff.
https://www.gasolinealleytoys.com/produ ... ry-op-nice

On the other hand, I also had a VW Manx dune buggy that was similar. It actually had the gas motor, but it didn't work. Don't recall where I got it, or what happened to it. It was pretty cool.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:51 am

Tarmaque wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:25 pm
GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:15 pm
I hate to say I told you so... Wait that's a lie, I love it.

I told you so.
I'd love to say I care that you told me so, but I don't.

I'm beginning to think that Klobuchar was the better choice now. Yang was never a good choice, but any of them would be better than Trump. I think that Corey Booker would have had a better chance against Trump though, even though Klobuchar would have been a better President. Maybe. Hindsight is great and all and we can all muse about might-have-beens until the cows come home. We have to live with what we have today.

All I can really say is I REALLY hope Biden doesn't decide to run again. Please don't make me make that choice again! (Best case scenario is both Biden and Trump die of improbable horrible accidents before the next election that can never be traced back to me.)
I was going to vote for her before the Biden thing and before she kinda fizzled, I like her a lot and I am so wanting a good choice of a woman for president, we are way overdue

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:06 am

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:51 am
I was going to vote for her before the Biden thing and before she kinda fizzled, I like her a lot and I am so wanting a good choice of a woman for president, we are way overdue
Klobuchar has her downsides, not the least of which is apparently her temper and how she treats subordinates. Personally I don't think we "need a woman for president" so much as we need a competent, good person for president. I think Elizabeth Warren could have been that, but today I think she's too old. NO MORE SEPTUAGENARIANS! The only other women with any real intention or hope to run is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, (Hell no!) and Stacy Abrams. I like Stacy Abrams, but I don't think she can win against Trump. There are some rumors that Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer might run, and she's yet another possible giant killer. Of all of these Whitmer might be the best case scenario, but she's got her detractors too.