(Thursday NO PO) Today is World Ampersand Day and National School Picture Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

(Thursday NO PO) Today is World Ampersand Day and National School Picture Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:46 am

I have always thought Ampersands were way cool, and I love writing them, especially with a flourish. I looked and I don't have any of my school pix ( I think I have every grade somewhere ( lots of pictures I need to digitize and/or put in albums or frames). on my computer, but they all are pretty bad...my Senior HS pic is just awful, I couldn't find what I wanted to wear and the right color. Oddly, I normally photograph well, not for those though. Though my hair is awful in most of them and a part straight down the middle for the HS which really dates me...lol
ampersandday.jpg
ampersandday.jpg (12.84 KiB) Viewed 643 times
schoolpictureday.jpg
schoolpictureday.jpg (12.27 KiB) Viewed 643 times

Tarmaque

Re: (Thursday NO PO) Today is World Ampersand Day and National School Picture Day

Post by Tarmaque » Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:29 am

bnwstripedouglas.jpg
(School pictures you say?)(Ignore the snaggle teeth. I knocked my teeth out when I was 3, and they didn't grow back until I was seven. Even then I had to have some reconstruction done because the buds had been damaged. I thought they wrote All I want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth specifically for me.)

Tarmaque

Re: (Thursday NO PO) Today is World Ampersand Day and National School Picture Day

Post by Tarmaque » Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:49 am

My senior picture is also terrible. Like most kids in the 80's I had a terrible sense of style, and let my Grandmother cut my hair. She was, let us say, not great at it.

If I could go back in time, I'd give myself a lot of advice. Those pictures would be some of it.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:14 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:29 am
bnwstripedouglas.jpg
(School pictures you say?)(Ignore the snaggle teeth. I knocked my teeth out when I was 3, and they didn't grow back until I was seven. Even then I had to have some reconstruction done because the buds had been damaged. I thought they wrote All I want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth specifically for me.)
awwww

Senor Natural

Post by Senor Natural » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:25 pm

Not photogenic, don't particularly care to have my picture taken.
Ampersand is a cool word . . .