( Tuesday NO PO) Today is Nat'l Ants on a Log Day and Bald is Beautiful Day.

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Tuesday NO PO) Today is Nat'l Ants on a Log Day and Bald is Beautiful Day.

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:52 am

I didn't know that such a thing as celery, peanut butter, and raisins existed, I do love celery and Peanut Butter, but, I love almost anything with Peanut Butter...lol...I like raisins too, but, not sure I would like them this way, and the picture kinda creepily looks like ants on a log...lol...I find a lot of bald men HAWT, like the Rock and Vin Deisel. ( it seems that way to me) but, bald doesn't look that bad on most men, though I am sure there are faces that don't carry it as well. I actually don't think I looked that bad bald, and no one ran screaming at least, and men still noticed me in a good way...lol...I think, like other things, it bothers men more than women when they go bald.
antsonalogday.jpg
antsonalogday.jpg (8.29 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
baldisbeautiful.jpg
baldisbeautiful.jpg (11.52 KiB) Viewed 1069 times

GuideToACrazyWorld

Re: ( Tuesday NO PO) Today is Nat'l Ants on a Log Day and Bald is Beautiful Day.

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:12 am

I get one day of beauty!

Tarmaque

Re: ( Tuesday NO PO) Today is Nat'l Ants on a Log Day and Bald is Beautiful Day.

Post by Tarmaque » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:30 am

I can't bring myself to shave my head. It's actually more work to stay bald than to stay high-and-tight. (A friend of mine shaves his head every day.)

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:32 am

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:12 am
I get one day of beauty!
awww..you are always beautiful...lol

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:32 am

Tarmaque wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:30 am
I can't bring myself to shave my head. It's actually more work to stay bald than to stay high-and-tight. (A friend of mine shaves his head every day.)
Yeah, it is a lot of work...my boss was all spiky and then finally just gave up and is letting it go...

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:53 am

I had an interesting evening tonight. On a whim I went to see my cousin (actually my Mom's cousin, so my first cousin once removed. Which is nonsense because she was adopted anyway.) I heard her husband wanted to buy a pickup like mine, and I went to see if he'd like to drive it. But he wasn't there. Oh well, it was nice to get caught up. She's closer to my age than my Mom's, only about 4 years older than me. I've known her all my life and she's one of the most genuinely nice people you're ever likely to meet.

Anyway, she and her husband have three daughters and one grandchild. Their youngest daughter still lives with them, although she must be in her mid to late 20's. She was there tonight. I hadn't seen her in seven or eight years. At that time she was extremely pretty. Today? She is absolutely gorgeous! Tall and slender and super pretty, with long glossy black hair and a built-in suntan that obviously didn't come from anyone in my family. I don't know where she gets it. Her parents are both kinda pudgy and round, although my cousin is quite tall. (She's Pacific Islander of some kind. Samoan, I think. Which explains her daughter's skin.) This kid should be on the cover of magazines.

Anyway, it's always strange to see a family member who's just out-of-most-men's-league-pretty in our family. Her sisters are both also pretty, but not startlingly so. The middle daughter looks like her parents had a hobbit with curly hair and a big smile, and the oldest daughter is tall and pretty with the same long black hair but curvier. The middle daughter is super-super talented too. Music.

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:38 am

@Tarmaque I was going to PM you a fabrication question but I'm just going to throw it out here.

We are headed to a reptile show in a couple weeks. Chances are we are coming back with something. I'm thinking Jackson's Chameleon. A good terrarium for them is easy to buy, or make even with my skills. We are talking 2X4s and window screen build. My son likes them all, but is leaning to blue-tongue skink, which might get vetoed by the wife. They are just to snake like. My wife is thinking Tegu because they tolerate handling well. Which is fine but those things are huge. Like up to 5' with tail huge. They need a pretty big enclosure, if you can find one they are insane to buy, so I'm thinking build. I've seen some people going wood and then trying to seal it. (they like high humidity in the 90% range.) I'm sure that will work fine for a time, but it just feels like too much upkeep. The most popular seems to be sealed melamine but that seems less stable then wood. I'm thinking about getting 1/2" thick PVC. You can get it readily in 48" X 96" sheets. I'm thinking of going black and using it for 3 sides, top and bottom. Then on the 4th side. Using it for top and bottom trim as well as a 2" divider in the middle. Then attached 2 clear acrylic doors to the front. Add some epoxy, sheet metal screws and hinges. It should be a pretty straight forward build. Especially since I can get every thing pre cut without paying too much more. I will have to drill for ventilation and hanging equipment, as well as the hinges but that's no big deal. I might go a little bigger, but that would get a tad more complicated. I just wanted to get your thoughts. Does this seem responsible? Or am I overlooking something that is going to end in my destroying $400 in materials and having to rush to buy something commercial at the last minute? This plan almost seems to easy.

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:18 pm

@GuideToACrazyWorld

You're talking outside my experience by using plastic. I don't think epoxy will stick to PVC, but I could be wrong. A place I worked for a lifetime ago used to line dumpsters with the stuff and they had a special tool to "weld" the corners of it in, but I never used it. You might be money ahead to make the whole thing out of clear acrylic, but I don't know anything about plastic prices. I do know there's a special glue for acrylic and both epoxy and silicone will stick to it.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:26 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:18 pm
I don't think epoxy will stick to PVC, but I could be wrong.
LOL I was being lazy and I knew you were going to call me out. I was using epoxy as a catch all. There are binders for PVC I just wasn't sure exactly what they were called and didn't want to look it up at that time. It's called PVC Cement BTW. I used in epoxy as a catch all.
Tarmaque wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:18 pm
You might be money ahead to make the whole thing out of clear acrylic, but I don't know anything about plastic prices.
Acrylic is more then twice PVC for thinner sheets. That's why I was thinking to use PVC for the lions share.

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:54 pm

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:26 pm
Acrylic is more then twice PVC for thinner sheets. That's why I was thinking to use PVC for the lions share.
Like I said, I barely know shit about plastic.