(Wednesday NO PO) Today is Nat'l Cream Filled Donut Day and National Eat a Hoagie Day!

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

(Wednesday NO PO) Today is Nat'l Cream Filled Donut Day and National Eat a Hoagie Day!

Post by Z is for Zangie » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:30 am

They didn't have a picture of my new favorite...Pecan encrusted with a Maple filling, though there were other pecan and maple combinations. It may be an invention of the place we go. I also like and my former favorite was custard filled...oddly, most of the pictures for this day were of glazed or frosted circular donuts with the hole in the middle, those never are filled. I call them Zeps, as I have said before, but, I love Italian-type subs...
creamfilleddonut.jpg
creamfilleddonut.jpg (10.7 KiB) Viewed 683 times
National eat a haogieday.jpg
National eat a haogieday.jpg (14.71 KiB) Viewed 683 times

Tarmaque

Re: (Wednesday NO PO) Today is Nat'l Cream Filled Donut Day and National Eat a Hoagie Day!

Post by Tarmaque » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:33 am

Is a chocolate eclair a cream filled donut? Or something else entirely? (I'm not a fan of donuts in general, except for plain unglazed old-fashioneds. Most everything else is too sweet for me. That's why I like chocolate eclairs. My Mom used to make them and fill them with sweetened whipped cream then dip them in melted semi-sweet chocolate chips. They weren't really all that sweet at all.)

Z is for Zangie

Re: (Wednesday NO PO) Today is Nat'l Cream Filled Donut Day and National Eat a Hoagie Day!

Post by Z is for Zangie » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:05 am

Tarmaque wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:33 am
Is a chocolate eclair a cream filled donut? Or something else entirely? (I'm not a fan of donuts in general, except for plain unglazed old-fashioneds. Most everything else is too sweet for me. That's why I like chocolate eclairs. My Mom used to make them and fill them with sweetened whipped cream then dip them in melted semi-sweet chocolate chips. They weren't really all that sweet at all.)
I consider them a type of donut, they sell them with other donuts, though maybe a special kind...I like those too...but, I prefer custard.

Senor Natural

Post by Senor Natural » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:14 pm

I don't eat any of that stuff. It would give me diabetes and heart disease and make me obese, none of which are good for me or healthy for me.
By giving that stuff a 'day', we are giving bad health a 'day'.