( Friday NO PO) Today is National Play Doh Day, Nat'l Guacamole Day and Nat'l Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Friday NO PO) Today is National Play Doh Day, Nat'l Guacamole Day and Nat'l Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:07 am

I love Play-Doh, I even have some that I have messed with here and there...lol..the bright colors and the ability to make all kinds of cute stuff with it. I played with a lot as a kid. I have never tried guacamole...leery about avocados or anything with them in it...but, if I have a chance sometime I might at least try it. Other things in it I do like...And I loved toasted raisin bread with real butter. But, it is pricey.
national playdohday.jpg
national playdohday.jpg (18.02 KiB) Viewed 748 times
npd.jpg
npd.jpg (7.54 KiB) Viewed 748 times
guacamole.jpg
guacamole.jpg (10.61 KiB) Viewed 748 times
cinnamonraisinbread.jpg
cinnamonraisinbread.jpg (14.48 KiB) Viewed 748 times

Tarmaque

Re: ( Friday NO PO) Today is National Play Doh Day, Nat'l Guacamole Day and Nat'l Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Post by Tarmaque » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:41 pm

I do not like guacamole. There. I said it. Probably because i really don't like avocado.

GuideToACrazyWorld

Re: ( Friday NO PO) Today is National Play Doh Day, Nat'l Guacamole Day and Nat'l Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:00 pm

I think I've found the anwser to the lizard problem, if we can get the boss.. I mean 4-year-old on board.

Captive bred are hard to come by right now, and I do not buy wild caught reptiles. Ever, period, not even for breeding purposes. But if I can get a small colony of these I think we will start breeding. Demand is going up fast mostly due to this guy. I feel like it's needed to reduce the wild caught and "farmed" populations. Ideal if I ever got serious about it I'd have at least 3 - 5 separate colonies, but I doubt I'd ever get that serious, but never say never.

Now if I can just convince my wife to allow a snake I can get an Emerald Tree Boa.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:37 pm

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:00 pm
I think I've found the anwser to the lizard problem, if we can get the boss.. I mean 4-year-old on board.

Captive bred are hard to come by right now, and I do not buy wild caught reptiles. Ever, period, not even for breeding purposes. But if I can get a small colony of these I think we will start breeding. Demand is going up fast mostly due to this guy. I feel like it's needed to reduce the wild caught and "farmed" populations. Ideal if I ever got serious about it I'd have at least 3 - 5 separate colonies, but I doubt I'd ever get that serious, but never say never.

Now if I can just convince my wife to allow a snake I can get an Emerald Tree Boa.
A boa? Aren't those one of the most dangerous?...lol..I find snakes fascinating, but, not in my house...lol

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:18 pm

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:37 pm
A boa? Aren't those one of the most dangerous?
The short answer is it depends. Really large snakes can be dangerous and shouldn't be handled alone. They can choke you, and if another person is there they can unwrap them. Reticulatied Pythons are the most dangerous snake in the trade. Green Anacondas can be problematic. Most Boa's aren't all that dangerous. The are agressive feeders so more likely to bite then some other snakes, but that can be mitigated with good knowledge.

The Emerald Tree Boa at absolute max is going to be an 6' snake. Way too small to cause any real damage to an adult human. They do have really long teeth designed for catching birds, so a bit would hurt, maybe some stitches.