( Wednesday NO PO( Today is National Winnie the Pooh Day& National Thesaurus Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Wednesday NO PO( Today is National Winnie the Pooh Day& National Thesaurus Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:05 am

Sigh, I just had to retype this, somehow I deleted the whole thing while typing it...I love Winnie the Pooh, Tigger being my favorite character ( the Trouble with Tiggers...teehee) with Eyore running a close second ( he was my dad's favorite, I have a pic of him posing with him at Disney World. ) I am big on words and word books of all kinds, I probably have about 10-15 of them including several dictionaries, Thesaurus', a Word origins book, parts of speech, a Scrabble Dictionary, synonyms, antonyms etc. The weird thing is I don't use them much anymore, I don't do any serious writing or even my poetry, I kinda miss that.
winniethepooh.jpg
winniethepooh.jpg (11.99 KiB) Viewed 691 times
thesuarusday.jpg
thesuarusday.jpg (9.19 KiB) Viewed 691 times

GuideToACrazyWorld

Re: ( Wednesday NO PO( Today is National Winnie the Pooh Day& National Thesaurus Day

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:28 pm

Rabbit is my spirit animal.

Tarmaque

Re: ( Wednesday NO PO( Today is National Winnie the Pooh Day& National Thesaurus Day

Post by Tarmaque » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:23 pm

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:28 pm
Rabbit is my spirit animal.
Shocked face. This is my shocked face.

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:50 pm

So! I don't HAVE a job, but I have the promise of an OFFER for a job. Big bureaucracy. I know they want me but it's a bit unknown on how it'll work out or what the offer will actually be. So tentatively celebratory. I might know today, or it might be the first of next week. The manager Tim was really happy to see me when I walked in, and when I told him I wanted the job he grinned from ear to ear.

It's working for an AirGas subsidiary (you might have seen their trucks) called "Red-D-Arc" that deals in rental welding equipment and generator sets. Some delivery, some shipping, and some cleaning and maintenance. Regular 40 hour weeks, 7:00-4:00. They want to expand into heavier gen-sets which would require a Commercial Driver's license. (Anything over 26,000 GVW. 26,000 for the truck plus 24,000 for the trailer is 50,000.) They said they wanted to do this, but it would require a new truck and some other new equipment, which they weren't going to invest in until they had a driver.

It's literally 1.7 miles from my front door to their front door. Their job description said $28-$30 an hour plus full benefits. At 40 hours a week that's pretty decent. They were also really cool about time off for me to take care of Mom.

Dream job? Not necessarily, but looks like a good job. I liked the guys I talked to a lot. And it looks like I might be able to have some contribution into how they grow.