( Wednesday NO PO) Today is National Shelfie Day, National Opposites day and National Irish Coffee Day...

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Wednesday NO PO) Today is National Shelfie Day, National Opposites day and National Irish Coffee Day...

Post by Z is for Zangie » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:54 am

Shelfie day is for book lovers to show "shelfies" of their bookcase(s) with some of their favorite books, I have like 5 bookcases in my living room and I should ask Rick to take some pix, though there are knick-knack (y) things in front of some of the books...I may still l do it, think it is a cool idea...Opposites Day is supposed to be to say exactly the opposite of what you mean during the day, especially with children apparently, seems like a fun idea to me...I have never had Irish Coffee, but, going by the ingredients ( though I have never had Irish Whiskey either...lol)...I think I would like it...strong coffee, Irish Whiskey, Sugar and topped with cream.
library shelfieday.jpg
library shelfieday.jpg (17.28 KiB) Viewed 834 times
opposite day.jpg
opposite day.jpg (10.73 KiB) Viewed 834 times
irishcoffeeday.jpg
irishcoffeeday.jpg (11.28 KiB) Viewed 834 times

Tarmaque

Re: ( Wednesday NO PO) Today is National Shelfie Day, National Opposites day and National Irish Coffee Day...

Post by Tarmaque » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:45 am

Well, unless things go horribly wrong, my new job is all set up. Just have to do a DOT physical and urinalysis tomorrow morning. Should be a no-brainer. I hope this is as good as it sounds.

Z is for Zangie

Re: ( Wednesday NO PO) Today is National Shelfie Day, National Opposites day and National Irish Coffee Day...

Post by Z is for Zangie » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:59 am

Tarmaque wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:45 am
Well, unless things go horribly wrong, my new job is all set up. Just have to do a DOT physical and urinalysis tomorrow morning. Should be a no-brainer. I hope this is as good as it sounds.
So do I, good luck

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:39 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Wait, I thought you had turned it down because they wanted you to work like 1,000,000 hours a week. Is this a different one?

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:41 pm

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:54 am
Shelfie day is for book lovers to show "shelfies" of their bookcase(s) with some of their favorite books
That is a very specific "day." :lol:

I used to read a lot. As in I I always had a book within arms reach. Then I had a kid. I started my last book while we were in the hospital with him and I think I got through chapter 2. I really need to go back and read that one, it was pretty interesting. Even as much as I read my bookshelf is far from impressive. I just don't hold on to books. I pass them along, trade them or whatever. With my dyslexia reading a book is a pretty big commitment and there aren't a lot of books I want to reread.

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:55 pm

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:39 pm
Tarmaque wrote:
Wait, I thought you had turned it down because they wanted you to work like 1,000,000 hours a week. Is this a different one?
Different job. This one pays better hourly, and is a Monday through Friday gig, 7:00 to 4:00. Looks good. I'm doing my pre employment physical and drug screening right now.

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:58 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:55 pm
Different job. This one pays better hourly, and is a Monday through Friday gig, 7:00 to 4:00. Looks good. I'm doing my pre employment physical and drug screening right now.
Congratulations man

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:04 pm

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:58 pm
Congratulations man
Thank you. Now if I can just get through this physical. It's super busy. But at least the receptionist is super cute. (But way too young for me.)(But then again Buzz Aldrin just married a woman 30 years his junior.)