( Thursday NO PO) National Spouses Day & National Peanut Brittle Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Thursday NO PO) National Spouses Day & National Peanut Brittle Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:38 am

I don't have a spouse, only an ex-spouse...lol..so not much to say about that. I do love peanut brittle, but haven't had any in years I bet. Tomorrow night I have to go to bed really early, I am doing the prep for the second colonoscopy I don't want...lol...and I have to be up Friday morning at 4:30 AM for the second round, so, I may not get to the NO PO till early Friday morning. I can only have liquids tomorrow and starting at midnight tomorrow I can't eat or drink anything ( except that nasty prep stuff...lol...) until after the procedure Friday, so I will be grouchy...lol
spousesday.jpg
spousesday.jpg (11.56 KiB) Viewed 931 times
peanutbrittle day.jpg
peanutbrittle day.jpg (8.49 KiB) Viewed 931 times

GuideToACrazyWorld

Re: ( Thursday NO PO) National Spouses Day & National Peanut Brittle Day

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:01 am

I have a spouse. She has a cold. So does my son. The end.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:02 am

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:01 am
I have a spouse. She has a cold. So does my son. The end.
Yikes, you guys are sick a lot...I am sorry

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:06 am

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:02 am
We have been the last two years. This is what happens when a kid first starts school, they catch everything. You add to that the fact that @DarkPaisley's medication weakens her immune system and all virus lead to our house.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:03 am

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:06 am
Z is for Zangie wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:02 am
We have been the last two years. This is what happens when a kid first starts school, they catch everything. You add to that the fact that @DarkPaisley's medication weakens her immune system and all virus lead to our house.
I hope it slows down pretty soon...

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:12 pm

There's vitamins and supplements to be taken helping to build up immune systems. Yeah, I mean today stuff - a little late in life life to wise up but at least I got there ✅. There's the basics vitamin A, C, D3, B and then there's the extra that can help build up and keep your immune system strong for an example I'm getting some oil of oregano in capsule form coming tomorrow, perhaps a nastiest taste and stuff on a planet right up there with dog s***, but in the capsule form we're good to go. There's also turmeric / curcumin and many other several things, black seed oil & k2, helping with the absorption of vitamin D . Anyway, just touching base on this post - didn't mean to get carried away, but yeah I did.

Mysterious Cat

Post by Mysterious Cat » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:27 am

I had a dearly beloved aunt who used to make peanut brittle. It's like the food you would eat if you were deliberately trying to break a tooth. Also it's for the most part just solidified corn syrup, with peanuts. Other people may enjoy it, and I will certainly not stand in the way of anyone's enjoyment, but it's basically one of the last things I would want to eat. No spouse yet, but for the most part I don't mind. It might be an issue when I get older.

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:43 am

Mysterious Cat wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:27 am
I had a dearly beloved aunt who used to make peanut brittle. It's like the food you would eat if you were deliberately trying to break a tooth. Also it's for the most part just solidified corn syrup, with peanuts. Other people may enjoy it, and I will certainly not stand in the way of anyone's enjoyment, but it's basically one of the last things I would want to eat. No spouse yet, but for the most part I don't mind. It might be an issue when I get older.

Thx, Willie really did a real nice job with that beautiful song. It's a song you really can't appreciate until you get there.. and I got there

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:59 am

Mysterious Cat wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:27 am
It's like the food you would eat if you were deliberately trying to break a tooth. Also it's for the most part just solidified corn syrup, with peanuts.
I have a recipe for peanut brittle that is not particularly likely to break your teeth. It isn't chewy, but it is very crunchy while not being hard. It also has very little corn syrup in it. (Mostly just brown sugar and butter.) I usually use the recipe to make toffee, but without nuts. It's kinda like a Heath bar.

Mysterious Cat

Post by Mysterious Cat » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:10 am

Tarmaque wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:59 am
It's kinda like a Heath bar.
Interesting, I will have to check it out. My aunt was from the Midwest, where food can be kind of dangerous. I am pretty sure I have had a Heath bar at some point but I don't remember what they taste like. I haven't eaten a proper candy bar in probably decades now, although I will sometimes eat the little bite sized candy bars at Halloween. Your post though reminds me of Zero bars, which were one of my childhood favorites, in part because they had a white chocolate coating instead of the regular milk chocolate one. I haven't thought about those in even more decades. I wonder if they still make them.