( Sunday NO PO) National Ladybug Day, National Blueberry Pancakes Day, National Kazoo Day, National

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Sunday NO PO) National Ladybug Day, National Blueberry Pancakes Day, National Kazoo Day, National

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:56 am

Ladybugs are cool, and good luck. There is one in my office. He often lands on my desk. I know he is there because it is warmer than outside, but, as we have no food for him to eat, I was worried. I did some research, Ladybugs don't have to eat in the winter, they live on their reserves, so, I hope he is ok, haven't seen him in a few days. Ladybugs are considered "lucky" in many cultures, especially in Japan. There some people keep one all the time in the house. You can keep them as pets. I figure I need all the luck I can get. Blueberry pancakes are my favorite pancake ( though if they had them with raspberries or cherries they would be). When I was young I didn't like pancakes, but then I discovered buttermilk ones. I will often eat them without any butter and syrup. I haven't seen a Kazoo since I was a kid I don't think, but they were fun, like noisemakers on New Year's.
ladybugday.jpg
ladybugday.jpg (22.03 KiB) Viewed 452 times
blueberrypancake.jpg
blueberrypancake.jpg (12.69 KiB) Viewed 452 times
kazzoo.day.jpg
kazzoo.day.jpg (18.94 KiB) Viewed 452 times