( Saturday NO PO) I am going to use today to talk about a computer issue

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Saturday NO PO) I am going to use today to talk about a computer issue

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:55 am

You can talk about whatever you want. So, I have a reputation for having computer issues no one has ever heard of...lol...( ask Guide, I asked him about a couple..lol). So, I have been having issues with my internet for a couple of years now...mostly the wi fi not working well on my laptop ( its works on the other device, my laptop, my tv, and rick's cell)...I was using an ethernet cable for a while because it was pretty obvious to me that it was my router...

I asked several times for them to replace it.( I also keep getting errors from my games telling me that my speed is creating issues, yet when I run a speed test, the speed is way up there,(I pay for the fast stuff from Spectrum). Last night in the middle of a live podcast the wi-fi crashed...so, I did everything I usually do because it happens all the time. And somehow I lost my 5G, 2G is fine, but, the 5G disappeared, it is on the list of available networks, but no way for me to choose it to use. It has disappeared before, but, it always comes back. If I try to add it, it says it is already there. I run the troubleshooter, it eventually tells me to reset the wi fi... sigh, but, that didn't bring it back. I have changed the wi fi card once before and doubt it was bad already and I even tried a "portable" wi fi antenna thing...no go.

So, I call Spectrum tonight...I got through the intro crap, then a guy who tried but couldn't figure out how to get it back, the modem, etc said it was there and fine. So, he sends me to another guy. This guy resets also and then tells me to get a pointy object ( I use a bent paper clip) and reset the router that way. ...the router doesn't come back. He says it is a bad router...grrrr...I told them several times it was. So, they can send me one, but it takes a few business days...the fastest way is to take the old one to the local store and trade it in. I am going to ask Rick to do that tomorrow if he would...geez, all the annoying things I have had to put up with ( like the wi fi blinking out all the time, especially when I turn it off for the night and when I get back on it is out...again...every time.) I hope this fixes it. Thank you for reading my rant...lol
computer hates me...jpg
computer hates me...jpg (14.06 KiB) Viewed 345 times
PS: A techie guy I know on Discord told me it has some kind of problem, ( we pinged it and he saw it) I can't remember the name of it, he used to work for spectrum...he says tell this is what is wrong, but, they will tell you that technically they don't address this issue but to argue with them...and yeah, they wouldn't...