( Thursday NO PO) Today is National Read Across America Day, "Old Stuff" Day and Banana Cream Pie Day!

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Thursday NO PO) Today is National Read Across America Day, "Old Stuff" Day and Banana Cream Pie Day!

Post by Z is for Zangie » Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:36 pm

Appaerntly Dr. Suess is also associated with this day...excellent choice IMO, he is my hero. With the book banning going on in some places, I am even more about encouraging kids especially to read and also a variety of stuff. National Old Stuff day...do they mean like me?..lol...made me nostalgic for a minute about stuff from m past that no longer exists...And banana cream pie, I like it, but, though I like coconut, I do not like coconut cream pie for some reason...
readacrossamericaday.jpg
readacrossamericaday.jpg (20.42 KiB) Viewed 473 times
nationaloldstuffday.jpg
nationaloldstuffday.jpg (16.13 KiB) Viewed 473 times
bananacreampieday.jpg
bananacreampieday.jpg (13.21 KiB) Viewed 473 times

Slip Shod

Re: ( Thursday NO PO) Today is National Read Across America Day, "Old Stuff" Day and Banana Cream Pie Day!

Post by Slip Shod » Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:44 am

If it's a pie Z, I'm going to like it and I think pie more so than cake - though a nice slice of chocolate cake, chocolate icing is pretty hard to beat. Banana works and is kind of wonderful, but pecan pie and a scooper of vanilla ice cream oh boy that curls my toes

Z is for Zangie

Re: ( Thursday NO PO) Today is National Read Across America Day, "Old Stuff" Day and Banana Cream Pie Day!

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:49 am

Slip Shod wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:44 am
If it's a pie Z, I'm going to like it and I think pie more so than cake - though a nice slice of chocolate cake, chocolate icing is pretty hard to beat. Banana works and is kind of wonderful, but pecan pie and a scooper of vanilla ice cream oh boy that curls my toes
I prefer pie too, but, ditto on the chocolate cake or confetti cake with buttercream frosting