( Friday NO PO) National Employee Appreciation, Wear Blue, Unplugging and I want you to be happy Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Friday NO PO) National Employee Appreciation, Wear Blue, Unplugging and I want you to be happy Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:57 am

I will point out to the boss that he should be appreciating me every day, but especially today...lol..he brings me this awesome pecan-encrusted, maple-filled donut on Fridays anyway...lol...Wearing blue is for colorectal cancer awareness, the ribbon color for that cancer. We should all unplug more and maybe one day a week, but, it is hard as I have things I need to do, and am on it all day at work to boot. But, I have cut back to some degree.I want you all to be happy, I want everyone to be happy...lol
employeeappreciatin day.jpg
employeeappreciatin day.jpg (14.15 KiB) Viewed 956 times
nationaldressin blueday.jpg
nationaldressin blueday.jpg (8.01 KiB) Viewed 956 times
dayof unpluggingday.jpg
dayof unpluggingday.jpg (9.63 KiB) Viewed 956 times
want yow to be happy day.jpg
want yow to be happy day.jpg (10.44 KiB) Viewed 956 times
And TGIF

Tarmaque

Re: ( Friday NO PO) National Employee Appreciation, Wear Blue, Unplugging and I want you to be happy Day

Post by Tarmaque » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:11 am

Oh gods. I have to help do inventory tomorrow. This inventory is going to be a cluster of pretty epic proportions. It should be easy because everything is supposed to be barcoded and we can read and input quantities on our phones. The operative words are "supposed to be." I've been putting barcodes on items all week, and the old technician who works on stuff has been up annoying me, moving stickers (they're on magnets) and telling me "I know we have those in stock!" all day today. That, and all sorts of stuff didn't even have stickers, and I have a stack of sticker pages full of barcodes that I can't even locate the associated inventory item. That said, once this is all sorted then next year will be easy.

That old technician has also been trying to "help me" with getting my phone set up, but everything he tried to tell me I'd already done. I finally contacted tech support (who denied my request) and they gave me better instructions on how to get my ID authentication set up properly. There's supposed to be comprehensive instructions, but typical of tech people they can't even write instructions well enough for someone like me, who is tech savvy, to follow them. Not only that, but I have two company emails: one for an actual email, and another one that I can't even access but is necessary for logging in to some services.

Oh, and they're all-in on Google Desktop and Google Apps, except for our barcode software which is dependent on Microsoft 360.

Not to mention that they want me to install all of these legacy ID authentication apps and I have a different login for the company training site. Then I get into my "devices" app and it tells me there's a problem that turns out that I'm missing a specific app, but it won't tell me what it is. There are about 150 company curated apps, of which I have about 30 installed. Some of which are utterly unnecessary for my job. (A bunch of sales tools.) It is convenient though to be able to clock in and out on my phone and stuff.

Z is for Zangie

Re: ( Friday NO PO) National Employee Appreciation, Wear Blue, Unplugging and I want you to be happy Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:49 am

Tarmaque wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:11 am
Oh gods. I have to help do inventory tomorrow. This inventory is going to be a cluster of pretty epic proportions. It should be easy because everything is supposed to be barcoded and we can read and input quantities on our phones. The operative words are "supposed to be." I've been putting barcodes on items all week, and the old technician who works on stuff has been up annoying me, moving stickers (they're on magnets) and telling me "I know we have those in stock!" all day today. That, and all sorts of stuff didn't even have stickers, and I have a stack of sticker pages full of barcodes that I can't even locate the associated inventory item. That said, once this is all sorted then next year will be easy.

That old technician has also been trying to "help me" with getting my phone set up, but everything he tried to tell me I'd already done. I finally contacted tech support (who denied my request) and they gave me better instructions on how to get my ID authentication set up properly. There's supposed to be comprehensive instructions, but typical of tech people they can't even write instructions well enough for someone like me, who is tech savvy, to follow them. Not only that, but I have two company emails: one for an actual email, and another one that I can't even access but is necessary for logging in to some services.

Oh, and they're all-in on Google Desktop and Google Apps, except for our barcode software which is dependent on Microsoft 360.

Not to mention that they want me to install all of these legacy ID authentication apps and I have a different login for the company training site. Then I get into my "devices" app and it tells me there's a problem that turns out that I'm missing a specific app, but it won't tell me what it is. There are about 150 company curated apps, of which I have about 30 installed. Some of which are utterly unnecessary for my job. (A bunch of sales tools.) It is convenient though to be able to clock in and out on my phone and stuff.
Sounds like you are in need of some appreciation...lol
I have confidence you will get it figured out
Good Luck and hope it goes smoother tomorrow

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:26 am

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:49 am
Sounds like you are in need of some appreciation...lol
My new boss has been very appreciative.

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:28 am

That's why my work is doing an employee application thing that I'm not going to tomorrow lol

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:31 am

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:28 am
That's why my work is doing an employee application thing that I'm not going to tomorrow lol
An "employee application" thing? How exactly are they applying you? Topically? :?

Knightrider1976

Post by Knightrider1976 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:15 am

It’s been a long long time I said hi but good night

GuideToACrazyWorld

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:49 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:31 am
An "employee application" thing? How exactly are they applying you? Topically?
When you have as many typos as me you tend to think one can never be special, but once in a while...

appreciation.

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:39 pm

Well, it's been going pretty well so far. Between 87 and 94% of the inventory is done and it only took 4 hours for two of us. However the rest of the day will be chasing down the hard stuff. We have a list (which is different from the main inventory list, which is why the numbers are different) and there's maybe 30 items to count. However, we're pretty sure most of it has been sent to other locations. Which means tracking that down.

I started out thinking the app on our phone was pretty neat. Now I want to crush whomever designed the interface like a bug. It works fine, but there would be several ways to make it much more efficient. Simple ways. Like, they app is set up to either use the phone's camera, or an external Bluetooth scanner. The Bluetooth scanner doesn't work very well, so everyone uses their phones. They work well.

Except it makes you decide all over again for every part if you want to use the phone, or the Bluetooth scanner. The easiest fix for that is for it to look for the Bluetooth scanner's connection, and if it doesn't exist it defaults to phone. That's a really simple bit of code, and could save hours. Another helpful fix would be, once you've entered a quantity and submitted it, it should immediately go back to the scanner window. I don't need to go back to the list after every submission and tap "Add another."

It's the little things.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:20 pm

Tarmaque wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:31 am
GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:28 am
An "employee application" thing? How exactly are they applying you? Topically? :?
This made me giggle

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:20 pm

Knightrider1976 wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:15 am
It’s been a long long time I said hi but good night
Hi, good to see you

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:26 am

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:20 pm
This made me giggle
A disturbing amount of things I say make you giggle.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:58 am

Tarmaque wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:26 am
Z is for Zangie wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:20 pm
This made me giggle
A disturbing amount of things I say make you giggle.
You just have a sense of humor that I am drawn to and think is funny...it is a good thing...lol