( Saturday NO PO) Today is National Grammar Day, National Sons Day & National Marching Music

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Saturday NO PO) Today is National Grammar Day, National Sons Day & National Marching Music

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:57 am

I like grammar, though when I post on places like this, some things I ignore for "creative" writing...like the ellipses...stream of consciousness, and all that. Well, as I am mostly the only woman here, Sons day seems appropriate for you guys...so, Happy Sons Day! Marching Music Day...which I personally love...over my childhood I played the bells for a baton corp and learned the clarinet, and the piano...I was in my HS Marching Band, but, I didn't play an instrument...I was a "Pom Pom" girl...(ROFLMAO now, I still have the outfit, the skirt looks like it is only 2 feet long if that...lol..have the pom poms too...)we were a brand new school and didn't have a lot of students who played an instrument so they created the Pom Pom girls to make the band look bigger, we did a routine ( danced, etc) to the band music...wish I had video, but that was harder then...lol...it was actually a lot of fun...
grammarday.jpg
grammarday.jpg (8.24 KiB) Viewed 595 times
Sonsday.jpg
Sonsday.jpg (7.63 KiB) Viewed 595 times
marchingmuicday.jpg
marchingmuicday.jpg (17.25 KiB) Viewed 595 times

Knightrider1976

Re: ( Saturday NO PO) Today is National Grammar Day, National Sons Day & National Marching Music

Post by Knightrider1976 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:37 am

Good night y’all

Slip Shod

Re: ( Saturday NO PO) Today is National Grammar Day, National Sons Day & National Marching Music

Post by Slip Shod » Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:50 pm

Here's an interesting article I came across 😊 :
Ford files patent to allow self-driving cars to drive away from owners who don't keep up with payments
By Rich Stanton published 3 days ago

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:15 pm

Slip Shod wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:50 pm
Ford files patent to allow self-driving cars to drive away from owners who don't keep up with payments
Do you have a link Slip?

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:31 am

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:15 pm
Slip Shod wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:50 pm
https://www.pcgamer.com/ford-files-pate ... ir-owners/

Do you have a link Slip?

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:46 am

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:15 pm
Do you have a link Slip?
It's been on multiple tech sites today. Frankly I believe it was only a matter of time anyway. However, frankly I'm a big opponent to self-driving cars. If you're too incompetent to drive a car, call a cab. Also, as a professional driver, I think all drivers should have to have regular random drug and alcohol tests just like I do. It seems only fair, right? And maybe regular competency tests. And also technology in our phones that disables them when traveling at more than 10 miles per hour. If you really want to cut down on traffic accidents then these are the issues to pursue.

I could get behind self-driving cars and trucks, but ONLY if ALL vehicles on the road were self driving. Which is unrealistic in my lifetime.