( Friday NO PO) Today is National Pack your Lunch Day , National Blueberry Popover Day and International Bagpipe Day

Come discus news articles of the day with a bit of an NPR focus.

Moderators: AA Admin, AA Mod

Z is for Zangie

( Friday NO PO) Today is National Pack your Lunch Day , National Blueberry Popover Day and International Bagpipe Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:20 am

I pack my lunch every day now for work, it is ok, but, I miss going to a restaurant and sitting and eating and reading something, a real break, now I eat at my desk. I have never had a blueberry popover, but, I love blueberries so would probably like one. Bagpipes are soo cool and the outfits are too...lol..( are there any female bagpipe players?..lol...I assume they wouldn't go commando under the skirt though...lol...) I love the sound of them.
packyourlunch.jpg
packyourlunch.jpg (9.23 KiB) Viewed 721 times
blueberrypopoverday.jpg
blueberrypopoverday.jpg (11.54 KiB) Viewed 721 times
bagpipeday.jpg
bagpipeday.jpg (11.07 KiB) Viewed 721 times

Z is for Zangie

Re: ( Friday NO PO) Today is National Pack your Lunch Day , National Blueberry Popover Day and International Bagpipe Day

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:24 am

We haven't had much snow this winter, it has been nice not having to drive in it, or worry about the idiot drivers...lol..but, tonight at 4 AM we are supposed to get snow, it will fall about a 1/2 inch an hour till about 9 AM they say, and winds will be 30 miles per hour so, a real snow storm...plus, the snow will last till 7 AM Saturday morning. If it is as bad as they say in the morning, I am not going in to work...it is ok with Bill, thank goodness...

GuideToACrazyWorld

Re: ( Friday NO PO) Today is National Pack your Lunch Day , National Blueberry Popover Day and International Bagpipe Day

Post by GuideToACrazyWorld » Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:31 am

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:24 am
We haven't had much snow this winter,
West coast is getting slammed the last two months, which is really late in the year here.

Z is for Zangie

Post by Z is for Zangie » Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:32 am

GuideToACrazyWorld wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:31 am
Z is for Zangie wrote:
We haven't had much snow this winter,
West coast is getting slammed the last two months, which is really late in the year here.
Yeah, we usually only get flurries or light snow in March...but Jan & Feb were really mild..weird weather...though I don't mind not having a lot of snow , at least on days I have to drive to work...lol

Tarmaque

Post by Tarmaque » Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:21 pm

Z is for Zangie wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:20 am
are there any female bagpipe players?
Probably the most famous is "The Snake Charmer" who is not Celtic, but Indian. She plays what are a more Indian kind of pipes, but in the Celtic style.
Z is for Zangie wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:20 am
I assume they wouldn't go commando under the skirt though...lol
The technical term is "Regimental," as in "I dina' wear anythin' the regiment didna' issue me."

Randi

Post by Randi » Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:18 pm

Z is for Zangie wrote:
We haven't had much snow this winter, it has been nice not having to drive in it, or worry about the idiot drivers...lol..but, tonight at 4 AM we are supposed to get snow, it will fall about a 1/2 inch an hour till about 9 AM they say, and winds will be 30 miles per hour so, a real snow storm...plus, the snow will last till 7 AM Saturday morning. If it is as bad as they say in the morning, I am not going in to work...it is ok with Bill, thank goodness...
They were forecasting 2-5 inches for Saturday morning here
It’s a little after 8.am. There is a coating of snow on the car. Not that I’m upset about the lack of snow. But I am concerned about drought risk later on

Slip Shod

Post by Slip Shod » Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:18 pm

Honestly I never cared for bagpipes, not to say they don't have a place, they do.. across the ocean over there in Scotland.